Cold/Sickness effects on running (Read 538 times)

I recently got that cold that everybody at work has gotten and fortunately continued to work and infect others. A lot of people got so bad they missed work or seemed to be severly effected by it. It seems the cold isn't hitting me as hard, but I've been experiencing problems with my regular workouts. First, I gained about 10lbs over the course of a few days about a week later I lost all that weight in 2days. During this time, I got really bad muscle cramps, even though Im doing my normal workouts. I also find it really difficult to run and my workouts have suffered, mostly due to soreness/fast cramping early during my runs. This first time lasted about a week, then a week later it started again. I was dog tired after just 1/2mile during my normal 5mile run today, I managed to pull energy from somewhere to finish this out but afterwards I felt completely exhausted. So my next thought was to jump on the scale, I've put on 5lbs again despite having just been out running. Is there some magic remedy for this issue? With all that extra water weight I can't be dehydrated, and it certainly isn't stopping me from running, just makes my workouts take longer and the feeling miserable during/shortly after the run.

Bugs

Sorry about your cold. I wish I had answers. I got a cold before Christmas, and was able to keep running, but now it's in my chest and can hardly run. Mostly I feel better, but occassionally have to cough very deep, and sometimes it feels like a brick is on my chest. I run 2 miles and feel like I need to lay down. My weight is up 3 pounds since start of cold, despite thinking I was being careful. Frustrating isn't it? I'm trying to just eat healthy, healthy soups, lots of herbal tea, and letting myself enjoy the rest time. Think you should do the same! Get better!

Bugs