Los Angeles marathon (Read 105 times)

#artbydmcbride

http://www.lamarathon.com/event-info/weather

The weather this Sunday for the race is predicted to be 91 degrees  (real feel 97 degrees)

so the race will start 30 minutes earlier at 6:55 am

Good luck to those racing, and stay hydrated!!

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

The weather this Sunday for the race is predicted to be 91 degrees  (real feel 97 degrees)

woof!  Well, I guess that's what you get for signing up for an LA marathon.  Still, good luck people.  Come back not-dead.  Preferably with a story that avoids the Med-Tent.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Arimathea

Tessa

LA is always a crapshoot. It was 96 at the finish line in 2004, as I recall. Other years it has poured mightily and/or been very windy.

The good thing is that it's supposed to be an overnight low in the low 60s and we are running towards the beach which is usually cooler, the 91 is the forecast for downtown. If they were using the old course which was a loop starting/finishing in the financial district it would be a lot more miserable.

The earlier the start time the better as far as I'm concerned.

What worries me are all the first timers, especially the middle and high school kids running as part of Students Run LA.

Good luck fellow runners!

I bet our Boston snow banks are looking pretty good to those poor souls now.

Arimathea

Tessa

Nah. We're just planning on jumping in the ocean after crossing the finish line!

#artbydmcbride

Good luck, Arimathea!  Have an awesome time! 

Runners run