Does anybody use an arm wallet? (Read 262 times)

ba21

Does it ever bother you? Is it comfortable? I need a way to carry a phone, ID, keys, etc.

One2Run

I wear an iPhone armband with no issues, except on the hottest of days last summer when it irritated a bit. I've heard great things about the Flip Belt. Planning to check it out at the race expo next month.

Mysecondnewname

Does it ever bother you? Is it comfortable? I need a way to carry a phone, ID, keys, etc.

I've used one of these for many years with great success:

http://www.armpocket.com/

My only beef with them is that when the Velcro wears out, it's done.  (It is hard to get replacement Velcro to stick to the strap.  I suppose I could try to sew it in, but I'm not that handy.)

I therefore, switched to this:

http://www.spibelt.com/products/specialty-spibelt/reflective-spibelt

which is just terrific and works exactly as advertised.

Christirei

Cutoff jeans shorts seem to be popular in the Chicago area, all of the pockets so you can store lots of stuff
          kcam

Cutoff jeans shorts seem to be popular in the Chicago area, all of the pockets so you can store lots of stuff

LOL!

I have a SpiBelt and an Armpocket. Armpocket is more comfortable for me.

I have a couple of Sprig banjee wrist wallets, but I don't think I would carry a phone in one unless it was really tiny. If I had to carry my phone for some reason, I would stick it in the back pocket of a bike jersey, in an open baggie to protect it from sweat. Bike jerseys are awesome for running--same tech fabric as running clothes, but with POCKETS!!!!!

Posted on Facebook by Armpocket: "Earth is a pretty cool place, let's celebrate it! Head on over to our website for free shipping to celebrate Earth Day! Use coupon code "earth13" at checkout."

sluggo

John

I have used a wrist wallet for years and love it. Sometimes I even use when not running b/c a real wallet is too bulky.

http://sprigs.com/banjees/

Having said all of these good things - it's great for driver's license, credit card(s), money, and stuff like that. It is useless for a cell phone Today's car keys  are way too bulky too.

I carry car keys in either my short's key packet or the small pouch on my fuel belt (with all the fuel stuff removed).

When running in the dark, I also have a nice pocket in my reflector belt.

If I really want to have my cell phone with me, I carry it in my hand. This is fine for a 5K. Of course, it is also nice to NOT have my cell with me for an hour or so. If/when I get called or paged for work, I simply point out that I was out running...

John
                    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

keeponrunning

Can anybody comment on this as a possible solution to carrying car keys?

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Jess runs for bacon

Can anybody comment on this as a possible solution to carrying car keys?

Likely it'll work. I have the regular Spibelt and I can cram both my keys and my iPhone in it. The material is stretchy so you can get a lot in there.

i would hate carrying a bottle that big though.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

How big a phone?  How many keys?

Why not a RoadID or similar?

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

npaden

I've used the arm pocket in the past and now use an iFitness belt.  I like the iFitness belt MUCH better.  I often forget I'm wearing it after a run.

I had 2 problems with the arm pocket.  #1 my phone would occasionally overheat in the direct sun and shut down.  #2 I had some chafing issues when I started training for my marathon.  I'd run 2 half marathons with it with no issues, but on a couple longer training runs I ended up with some chafing issues.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

SpiBelt....  Approve

Tammarin.....

EpicErin

Epic Runner

I've been using a Nathan MP3 Armband for about a year and it works fine, but recently it's started to cause a little bit of chafing on long runs. I put a sweatband underneath it for my last half marathon and that helped a lot Smile I can't run without it though!

Do Epic Runs

http://www.doepicruns.com/