New Podrunner - Thank You DJSteveboy! (Read 721 times)

Beatin' on the Rock

I finally got a chance to try out the "Escalator to Heaven" today - WOW! Talk about negative splits!! I have to say thank you - so much! I didn't know I had it in me. The tempo portion of my run was longer AND faster than any I've done before. I found "the Zone" and achieved "Flow" several times, easily, with the pulsing, mesmerizing music. It was great. I've been playing with my own music collection and Audio Cleaning lab for MONTHS trying to do much the same thing. Confused Yours is SO much more professional. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. If you're reading this and haven't tried one of Podrunner's mixes yet, I highly recommend this one! Now, how about an interval mix? Say 135 - 150 - 140 - 160 - 170 and repeat? You're a genius, Steve. Thanks again.
    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
    dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Thank you very much! I'm glad "Escalator to Heaven" worked for you! The "ramp" mixes have received a lot of positive response, mostly from people saying they went farther or longer (or, naturally, both). Something about the way the body expends energy in a steadily increasing session seems to help enormously. I went a MILE farther (I usually do 3 miles three times a week) the first time I used one. I will certainly offer more ramp mixes as time goes on, and am considering a dedicated Podrunner: Ramp Mixes podcast. But before that comes the answer to your question: Podrunner: Intervals will debut Feb. 1. It's a new , separate podcast of varied-BPM music mixes for interval training. "First Day to 5K," the first 14 mixes, is intended to go from absolute beginner to 5K runner in nine weeks. P : I will feature sets for beginning, intermediate, and experienced levels, as well as sets for 10K and half-marathon training Podrunner: Intervals will be produced by me, and hosted and mixed by DJ Beatsmith, the only DJ to have guest-hosted Podrunner (he mixed the popular "153 BPM - Hotfoot"). Podrunner: Intervals will be available free starting February 1 from iTunes or most podcast directories, or directly from my website, the Run Time newsletter, or (we hope!) the upcoming Podrunner website. Aren't ya glad ya asked? Smile
      Steve Boyett
      Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
      Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!

Beatin' on the Rock

Aren't ya glad ya asked? Smile
        Oh, my YES! I'm still a bit sore from the intensity of that run, but it's sooo good. I am amazed and re-energized, knowing that I can do THAT! You seriously are my hero! Wink
        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
        dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Well, jeez, give yourself some credit -- you did all the work; I just stitched some nifty toonz together. Smile
          Steve Boyett
          Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
          Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!