Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5561 times)

joemum26

Did mile repeats yesterday...only did three this time because my focus is on a 5K.  Anyway, the last two miles were 5:45 and 5:44.  I haven't been that far under 6:00 since high school.
    RunsForCake

Did mile repeats yesterday...only did three this time because my focus is on a 5K.  Anyway, the last two miles were 5:45 and 5:44.  I haven't been that far under 6:00 since high school.

Damn you are speedy!  ^5

BTW, I see you are in Batavia.  I'm in Yorkville and work in Aurora.

*waves*

My small victory for today is that I actually got out there in the woods and ran/walked/sprinted,and just plain had fun.  Yesterday would have been a running day, but DH wanted me to work on a trail in the woods with him, So I did that, and enjoyed it, but it threw off my schedule.   I was happy to get out there today, even though my legs are a little sore from the hill work yesterday. 

Sometimes just getting out there is the biggest victory. 

Former runner

It rained here all day and I decided to get my seasonal flu shot on the way home. I almost talked myself out of running tonight since it was getting late by the time I got home. Fortunately the rain let up so I went out and ran an easy 6 which put me over 1000 miles for 2009. Actually ended up at 1001 since I made a wrong turn in the park and ran an extra mile.

Ross

A Dance with Monkeys

I ran a mile this evening.

It was an easy mile.  But it was a great mile.

Swadvad

I got up and ran 4 miles before work this morning.  I'm not a morning person, but I've managed to do this twice a week for a few months now.  It is just too busy in the evenings now to fit it a run at night.
              RunsForCake

I got up and ran 4 miles before work this morning.  I'm not a morning person, but I've managed to do this twice a week for a few months now.  It is just too busy in the evenings now to fit it a run at night.

Nice job!  I find that working out in the wee hours of the AM is the only way I fit my workouts in as well.

Consistently Slow

40.1 miles this week. Started with a HM.Finished with a 16.1 miler.The plan was 15.When I got back home I realized I only need .75 miles to reach 40. I need the C/D anyway.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunsForCake

Nice job Runnerclay!   

I'm just in from the first really cold run of the season.  13.1 miles.  I never felt warmed up.  Meh.

The highlight of the run was coming home and having a stack of pumpkin pancakes waiting for me courtesy of my 16 YOU daughter. 

smahserj

First 16mi run ever this morning!!!  9:57 overall pace!  Yea Me!

Consistently Slow

Nice job Runnerclay!   

I'm just in from the first really cold run of the season.  13.1 miles.  I never felt warmed up.  Meh.

The highlight of the run was coming home and having a stack of pumpkin pancakes waiting for me courtesy of my 16 YOU daughter. 

I am on a 14 day  no carb test.  Pumpkin pancakes.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunsForCake

(((CarbLessRunnerClay)))

I guess I shouldn't even mention the Kennebunkport Pumpkin Ale I'm sipping now huh? 

A Dance with Monkeys

If you can stand it, please share this recipe.  I'll make and eat them; you can live vicariously Smile

RunsForCake

If you can stand it, please share this recipe.  I'll make and eat them; you can live vicariously Smile

I don't think Runnerclay has the recipe but I do. 

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 eggs
                              1 1/4 cups buttermilk
                              4 tablespoons butter, melted
                              3 tablespoons pureed pumpkin(canned or fresh) pumpkin
                              1/4 cup granulated sugar
                              1/4 teaspoon salt
                              1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
                              1/2 teaspoon baking powder
                              1/2 teaspoon baking soda
                              1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
                              1/4 teaspoon allspice

Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with oil cooking spray.

Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
                              Use an electric mixer to blend ingredients.

Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet
                              ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth.

Pour the batter in 1/4 cup portions into the hot pan. Should form 5-inch
                              circles.

When the batter stops bubbling and edges begin to harden, flip the
                              pancakes. They should be dark brown. This will take from 1 to 2 minutes.

Flip the pancakes and cook other side for the same amount of time, until
                              dark brown.

Serves 3 to 4.

I achieved two small victories today

-First --- I weighed 141 -- down from 143 so I'm getting my weight down...want it in the 130's

-Second ---  My 12 week, weekly MPW is over 40.....at 40.2   ---even with a shorter week this week......

Champions are made when no one is watching