For me, its a biggy (Read 927 times)

Dog-Love

Way to go poopster
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Finished!

hooray! Doesn't it feel great? Congratulations on your continued progress Big grin
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        Congrats champion Smile
        Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
          It took me a while to post that. It just felt like I really did something personally but to most runners that distance isn't much. And I am side lined yesterday and today at least. Snow, sleet ice and freezing rain yesterday!! They even closed where I work TWO days in a row and that has NEVER happened before!!! I did check the road and traffic is using it once in a while but it is ice and snow covered. Maybe I could run but then I'd be chancing a car hitting me. I think that might leave a mark, so I'll pass for now

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

You'll ruin your knees!

It took me a while to post that. It just felt like I really did something personally but to most runners that distance isn't much. And I am side lined yesterday and today at least. Snow, sleet ice and freezing rain yesterday!! They even closed where I work TWO days in a row and that has NEVER happened before!!! I did check the road and traffic is using it once in a while but it is ice and snow covered. Maybe I could run but then I'd be chancing a car hitting me. I think that might leave a mark, so I'll pass for now
            Find a golf course and run right up the middle of the fairways! You can get a good 4-6 mile run in about 13 holes! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great job! I just accomplished my first nonstop 4-mile so I know how good it feels!!
              Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
                If the weather would just get better I'd improve a lot faster!!! Right now we have freezing fog! And my drive, all 700 feet is .25 to 4 inches of solid ICE. I attempted to scrap off some of the ice with my frontend loader but just made it worse!!! Gravel drives are NOT winter friendly!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

This is great! What a motivator to run even further. Congratulations! ewa
                  I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill