I love infographics (Read 3679 times)

50 halfs by age 50

Snake oil? Scientific evidence for health supplements

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Based on the last two, I can turn my whole life around.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

From here.

an amazing likeness

Boy...the folks in West-by-God-Virginia sort of got hosed...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Boy...the folks in West-by-God-Virginia sort of got hosed...

same goes for Ar-Kansas

Best Present Ever

and the one in Virginia is run by people who do such a poor job that almost no local runners ever run it.  It's the only race in town where I know almost none of the runners.  

Imminent Catastrophe

How about Illinois thru New Jersey?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

"Stunning", "scenic" and "Hartford" do not belong together.

Runners run

xor

Yeah, that was the first of several on the list that made me chuckle. However, they seem to be glommed onto road marathons and CT doesn't have a lot of choices.

Whidbey Island in my state made me chuckle too.  Don't travel here for that one.

I kind of liked Marshall.  There are cooler ones in WV now, but there weren't for awhile, so that was the first one I ran.  It was alright.

They DID pick Crater Lake (OR) and Estes Park (CO), which are my "top two hardest road marathons in the US".  And Monkey just for fun.  But thankfully not hateful Grandfather Mountain.

As for the graphics, the weird dropped 0 in 50... I guess that's "jaw dropping".  I guess.

beat

Break on through

Yeah, that was the first of several on the list that made me chuckle. However, they seem to be glommed onto road marathons and CT doesn't have a lot of choices.

Indeed!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I have never run Hartford (and I'm not likely to...ever) but several people I know have, and have mentioned that is one of the worst they have run, or, near the bottom.

Jeff