2015 NYC Marathon Thread (Read 376 times)

Julia1971

According to a Facebook post from today, U.S. runners will get their bib numbers on October 16th.

Julia1971

And, now, I see there's a transportation update: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/plan-your-race/transportation-to-the-start

Transportation update for runners and volunteers: Please note that on race day, the 1 train will not be operating between 14th Street and South Ferry. The 2 and 3 trains will serve local stations between 34th Street and Chambers Street; no trains will run between Chambers Street and South Ferry.

We recommend the following options for runners traveling to South Ferry for Staten Island Ferry transportation to the start:

4/5 to Bowling Green (short walk to Staten Island Ferry)

N (until 6:30 a.m.) or R (after 6:30 a.m.) to Whitehall (short walk to Staten Island Ferry)

For the latest New York City public transportation updates, visit MTA Trip Planner.

Julia1971

Bibs came out today!  Very exciting!  I'm Blue Wave 1 Corral C.  I think that's pretty much where I was assigned in 2013 but I'll be moving back.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Bibs came out today!  Very exciting!  I'm Blue Wave 1 Corral C.  I think that's pretty much where I was assigned in 2013 but I'll be moving back.

Did you get an email?  I've got nothing, but I'll log in to the site and check.

-----

Okay, Orange 1 Corral D.  Now I know.  With taper starting very soon, it's starting to become real! Smile

Area Man

What is the best way to get from the finish (poncho finish @ 77th / Central Park West) to Penn Station?

Looks too far to walk after the marathon.

My hotel is in New Jersey near the stadium.

I'm Green Wave 1 Corral A

Now to do that 17 day couch-to-marathon plan.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good luck!

Julia1971

Did you get an email?  I've got nothing, but I'll log in to the site and check.

-----

Okay, Orange 1 Corral D.  Now I know.  With taper starting very soon, it's starting to become real! Smile

I don't think they sent out an email.  The only reason I knew about it is because of the marathoner dailies group.  And, there was a Facebook post.  I had to tell a friend it was available.  I hope people know to check...

Does that plan come with a post-race ambulance crew?

I think my goal will be 3:45, which is my current long run pace.  Still, it'll be a BQ-10 for Boston 2017 assuming no change in qualifying standards.

I think my goal will be 3:45, which is my current long run pace.  Still, it'll be a BQ-10 for Boston 2017 assuming no change in qualifying standards.

Qualifying standards for 2017 did not change from 2016 (BAA posted this info on 9/22 -- just a little late, as the qualifying window started on 9/19):

http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/participant-information/qualifying.aspx

Julia:  Good Luck on qualifying with the sub 10 time!   I'll be starting a little further back (Blue Wave 1 Corral E) and hoping to run sub 3:35.  Not a BQ time, but I plan to try for a BQ at Disney in January -- if NYC goes well.

PRs5K 19:41 (5/2017)  10K  45:27 (1/2017)  10m  1:10:41 (4/2017)   13.1  1:36:00 (6/2017)  26.2  3:31:58 (10/2017)

Julia1971

Qualifying standards for 2017 did not change from 2016 (BAA posted this info on 9/22 -- just a little late, as the qualifying window started on 9/19):

http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/participant-information/qualifying.aspx

Julia:  Good Luck on qualifying with the sub 10 time!   I'll be starting a little further back (Blue Wave 1 Corral E) and hoping to run sub 3:35.  Not a BQ time, but I plan to try for a BQ at Disney in January -- if NYC goes well.

Thanks!  I hadn't realized they already locked things in for 2017 already.  It seems so far away!

Good luck to you, too - at NYCM and Disney.  Did you put 3:35 as your expected finish?  Just trying to figure out how far back I should move.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

Is there a way to look up my corral on the website, or do I have to wait for my packet in the mail. I am getting anxious to find out.

Is there a way to look up my corral on the website, or do I have to wait for my packet in the mail. I am getting anxious to find out.

Log into your account on www.mynyrrr.org,  click "Races and Registration" on the left menu, then select "Download My Registration Form":

PRs5K 19:41 (5/2017)  10K  45:27 (1/2017)  10m  1:10:41 (4/2017)   13.1  1:36:00 (6/2017)  26.2  3:31:58 (10/2017)

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I'm kind of bummed. I am assigned to Wave 4 even though I was in Wave 3 in 2013 and ran a 3:59 race, faster than the average finishing time. I listed my predicted finishing time for 2015 as 3:50 and there are several people in my running club who listed predicted times from 3:50 to 4:25 who are assigned to Waves 2 and 3.

I contacted NYRRC to see if there was a mistake. They told me that yes, I had listed my predicted time as 3:50, but the half marathon time they had for me was 10:56! This is really frustrating since my time was 1:56 and was a qualifying time, which is how I entered in the first place!!! They must have processed it correctly at some point, so it's not my mistake (I even have the email I sent them in January with this information, correctly provided). Someone at NYRR messed up my time and it's not clear if this can be fixed now.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This won't affect me, but I find this wording from the NYCM website confusing:

Runners who are assigned to different corrals but wish to start together may do so by going to the corral and wave corresponding to the higher number.

It's here, under Start Corrals.

Julia1971

I'm kind of bummed. I am assigned to Wave 4 even though I was in Wave 3 in 2013 and ran a 3:59 race, faster than the average finishing time. I listed my predicted finishing time for 2015 as 3:50 and there are several people in my running club who listed predicted times from 3:50 to 4:25 who are assigned to Waves 2 and 3.

I contacted NYRRC to see if there was a mistake. They told me that yes, I had listed my predicted time as 3:50, but the half marathon time they had for me was 10:56! This is really frustrating since my time was 1:56 and was a qualifying time, which is how I entered in the first place!!! They must have processed it correctly at some point, so it's not my mistake (I even have the email I sent them in January with this information, correctly provided). Someone at NYRR messed up my time and it's not clear if this can be fixed now.

I don't think it's a "mistake" in that I suspect that NYRR uses (or takes into consideration) time qualifiers time qualifying time rather than their expected finish time.  That's why I said on Page 1 of this thread that I registered using my "faster" half marathon time rather than my "slower" marathon time.  And, I doubt they'll move you up.  I tried to get them to change mine one year and they just said I was seeded correctly.  (Shrug.)  I think you'll be fine.  I would just try to get to the front of your corral at the start and (politely) move yourself up a corral or two when they walk you to the bridge.