broke 1,000 miles today!! (Read 1122 times)

broke 1,000 miles today!!    thought it was worth repeating

Every Mile is a Gift

Congrats! I'll hit it next year (hopefully close to 1500). I see you're in the Seattle area. I'm in south Everett (Silverlake).

Often injured, NEVER giving up.

live in Monroe
        xor

I used to live in Duvall.  And congrats!

Nice work, Neal!  1,100 for 2010?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

minimum goal 1200 (100 mpm) for 2010, hopefully closer to 1400-1500 (120 mpm)

srl: know Duvall well, used to have a business there, run quite often on the river trail.  ran the Duvall Days 5k in 2008 on a whim, which is what I credit as motivation to begin my over 50 "new" running career. bet you miss running all them hills around town.

xor

No, I live in Seattle now.  Trust me, I have lots of hills to keep me entertained!

(I totally miss my big nice, circa-modern house though)

broke 1,000 miles today!!    thought it was worth repeating

Congrats! How good does that feel?

I'm about 150 shy this year.   

- Anya

feels goooood, so good in fact went out & ran another 8 this am.  150 short is still good, gives you extra motivation for next yr!!!   right??

srl: yeah guess you don't have a chance to "miss" those Duvall hills.  Great little town but Seattle of course is a also a great "little" town ( by chicago, or NY standards anyway)

That's some good running Sky..........

So - How many miles will it be in 2010??? 

Champions are made when no one is watching

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Great job. I will be thrilled if I can meet you at 1000 miles/yr .  My first year in and I am making progress and improving my family life. One of the best things to have happened to me.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Congrats.  This was my first 100 mile year, too.  I'm actually going to hit about 1300.  I'm planning on 1500+ for next year as long as I stay healthy.

"I aim to misbehave."

Marylander

Congrats! I won't get 1000 this year (broke 900 yesterday) but I started late and I'm a lot slower than you. Wink
                              Congrats! I won't get 1000 this year (broke 900 yesterday) but I started late and I'm a lot slower than you. Wink

it's not how fast you are that is important, but consistency.  I also started out slow because of injury at beginning of year.  You'll get there next year.

climbmda:  sounds like a challenge.  let's encourage each other to that 1500 mark for 2010 (w/o the injury bug though)

John:  min goal 1200 (100 mpm) but would like to reach 1400-1500

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Nice job! 

I expect to break 1000 on December 31st. LOL

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.