Where oh where are the Mets fans? (Read 62 times)

Pineda has a hickey! Pineda has a hickeeeeey!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I did see this graphic in the article...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html?_r=1#6,42.705,-84.002

an interesting map for this baseball fan.

Oh, my bad. If you can zoom into the strip running from Rockland County to Queens, NY you can see them.  Then scroll over to Port St. Lucie, Florida. You're welcome.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

And of course you knew this thread was just bait for you to post in right?  I mean... 15 minutes was the over/under on your reply and you crushed it.

DaBurger

yeah yeah yeah, that was retarded... Or Girardi is planning on nailing Lackey/Buchholz later in the season.

Know thyself.

don't get me wrong... I put the Mets in my top 10 favorite teams.  And frankly, I'd do this to an 8 year old Yankees fan any day of the week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lZJW8vPejdM

I'm not a Yankee's fan at all.

But, I don't know how anybody could defend him.

10 game suspension??? that's all???

Obvious, and it was obvious he did previously.

I think Girardi ought to be fined as well for not pulling him / disciplining him after the April 10 game.

Crime against baseball for allowing stupid people to do stupid things.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I think 10 games is some standard suspension for that violation.

They only enforce it when it's obvious.  I think plenty of pitchers do something similar for grip.  It's not the same as a spitter.

lagwagon

i'm a yankee fan from trenton, but have lived in different parts of nj, and can say that the map is scary accurate.

I did see this graphic in the article...

Prince of Fatness

i'm a yankee fan from trenton, but have lived in different parts of nj, and can say that the map is scary accurate.

I am on the black line just to the left of the word "Hero".  I think that the map may need a neutral zone.  There really is a mix of NY and Philly fans here.  Also, I hear Sub and Hoagie used one as much as the other.  Don't hear "Hero" much though.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Mr. Met is creepy as shit.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I think 10 games is some standard suspension for that violation.

They only enforce it when it's obvious.  I think plenty of pitchers do something similar for grip.  It's not the same as a spitter.

It was definitely obvious.

And Girardi (or people within his staff) likely knew about it.

I don't like cheating in baseball.  I don't care how cold it is and how hard it is to grip the baseball when it's cold.  You can't do that.

MLB should increase the punishment to the management / coaching staff for teammember misconduct like that.

Regarding the map.... The Toronto Blue Jays probably have the greatest geography of baseball fans.  They're not on the map though.  I'd venture to say that most of Ontario, Manitoba, PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Alberta, ...

(damn Yankee's)

Cheers,

Life Goals:

It was definitely obvious.

And Girardi (or people within his staff) likely knew about it.

I don't like cheating in baseball.  I don't care how cold it is and how hard it is to grip the baseball when it's cold.  You can't do that.

MLB should increase the punishment to the management / coaching staff for teammember misconduct like that.

MLB should allow a standard substance (rosin doesn't work) for use under a certain temperature, so pitchers don't have to hide what they're doing. Batters WANT them to use stuff so they don't get KILLED by an errant 95 mph bean ball.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

MLB should allow a standard substance (rosin doesn't work) for use under a certain temperature, so pitchers don't have to hide what they're doing. Batters WANT them to use stuff so they don't get KILLED by an errant 95 mph bean ball.

Fair enough....  good point.

I'm biased against the evil Yankees. Smile

I'm sure some pitchers would benefit more than others with substances.  The advantage isn't equal.

BTW, anybody wonder what happened when the cover fell off that ball last week?  How did that happen?  I wonder if there's some 'kid' within the ballclub that had access to the baseballs that decided to play a practical joke.  Seriously, how does a groundball to 3rd base lead to the cover coming off the ball.  Maybe it was the pitcher who de-stitched the ball.  What type of pitch was it?!?

Life Goals: