First 10 mile run! (Read 722 times)

JayMF

Well, I'm pretty pleased with myself. I got up and did my first 10 mile run this morning. I have to say it felt pretty good. I didn't break any land-speed records, but I felt like I could run farther at the finish - even if my legs were kind of tired. I did need a nap in the afternoon, though. A few months ago something like that was only possible in the abstract - I had an idea that maybe I could make myself run that far if I worked at it long and hard enough. Actually doing it feels kind of amazing.

Just Be

Congrats! Smile Before you know it you'll be posting here about your first 20 mile run! My post about that first 20 mile run isn't far off! Maybe another month away! Good luck to you with all your future training!
        Great job !! ,Now I'm going to cut and paste you posting because I did my first one yesterday ,too! It is wild how what seemed so out of reach just months ago is now possible ! does running ROCK or what ?!
          Congrats! I can't wait for the day to be able to say the same. Keep up the good work!
          runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job! howiezee 3 Too.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My post about that first 20 mile run isn't far off! Maybe another month away! Good luck to you with all your future training!
              256 miles in July but never a 20 miler. Shocked

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations!! It's such a great feeling. I was there, but now I'm having to work my way back after an injury. I will be happy to do 10 again!
                  I think I've said it before ,but the positive suport from this site is a real boost .It seems like everybody is suportive no matter what level runner you are . It makes posting milestones like this fun ! This was a try out to see if I should work up to A half marathon training plan ,I think I'm going for it ! thanks to all here for the kind words and for all the things I've learned from reading the different threads ! course the joke thread is getting adictive ! HA!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Hey Congratulations! I can hardly wait for a 10-miler. I'm coming back from an injury followed by a break and I'm having a heck of a time breaking 8 miles. Take care and enjoy every run! ~ Good stuff howiezee3. Running DEFINITELY rocks
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run
                    JayMF

Thanks for the kind words - and congrats howiezee3! I was kind of sore today from yesterday's run. But the good kind of sore. Looking forward to trying a longer run in a couple of weeks.
                      redleaf

Congrats Jay! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362