What type of orthotic do you wear? (Read 1162 times)

mom2three

Hmmm, interesting. Saw a new foot doc today. He said that I should be in neutral shoes and a semi-flexible orthotic for running. He thinks I'm over supported all around. Interesting thought. So I went to RoadRunner and bought some neutral Brooks shoes with lots of cushion. Ahh, they are pretty comfy. I can't wait to get a new run out of them. I've been in a Brooks stabilizing shoe for a few years now, so I'm kind of nervous about the switch. Oh and they also taught me how to tape my arch, and I'm wearing an arch support strap on thingy till I get casted for the new orthotics. My arch is a bit sore now that it has all this new support, but hopefully in a few days it will feel much better!
    Jill
    nemo1

I have full length custom sports orthodics. They're kind of rough to get in and out of shoes, but the podiatrist at the sports' doctors' office was a runner where I got them. He wears the same kind and it cured my PF and now I wear them all the time... well, except for when I wear sandals. They are somewhat cushy, but they are still rigid enough to hold everything in place. The cushion is only because the doctor knew I ran, so he suggested I try these in order to prevent blisters. He said I could come back if they didn't work, but they did. They are a little thicker than the generic sports ones (you know ,the green ones), and the arch is in a better place, plus they don't squeak like the generic ones did. I <3 my orthodics. 8-) my="" orthodics.=""></3 my orthodics. 8-)>