How long does it take you to warm up? (Read 571 times)

II Run II

not that long unless it's a Monday.  on those days, I may never get warmed up.

arca

1-2 miles for me...

I usually feel warmed up between .75 and 1.0 miles.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

For me it's generally around 3-4 miles when I can comfortably hold a faster pace at minimal effort.   However, the first mile or so I need to be 60-90 seconds/mile slower than that pace to feel comfortable.  Miles 5+ is when things really start feeling good.

Latent Runner

For me it's generally around 3-4 miles when I can comfortably hold a faster pace at minimal effort.   However, the first mile or so I need to be 60-90 seconds/mile slower than that pace to feel comfortable.  Miles 5+ is when things really start feeling good.

Yeah, I hear you, now that I'm well north of 50 my first mile sucketh much.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
            • 2-mile: 13:49
            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
            • 5-Mile: 37:24
            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

0.1 seconds in the summer time!!! Just as soon as I walk out the door, and the heat and humidity hit me like a rock.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

3-4 miles for me

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

I'd say around 1 to 2 miles.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

uncontrollable

a couple miles

peace

A Saucy Wench

2-3 miles.

Which is a problem since I cant currently run that far.

MTA:  I also get a second warmup at around mile 8.  After 2-3 miles I no longer hate life and can get a good pace.  Around 8 miles I feel awesome and the pace improves again and I get the could run forever feeling.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7