Uploading results using iPhone or iPad and a Wahoo fitness dongle (Read 553 times)

Eric - hope everything is going well with you.  I have a suggestion for the site based on this review:  http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/10/garmin-forerunner-910xt-in-depth-review.html

I think RA doesn't support processing of .fit files on the newer watches without the Garmin plugin.  I've tried to upload manually and it didn't work.  So I've had to upload to Garmin Connect then export as a .tcx to load into RA.  I definitely would like to stop having to carry around a laptop with me when and use an iPad or iPhone.  Check out the section in the review "Downloading FR910XT to iPhone/iPod/iPad without computer"

This is definitely the next generation for the devices and training out there.  Improving connectivity between the devices and using a tablet or phone to upload on the road.

Thx, John

xor

A wahoo fitness dongle!

eric :)

jwhitridge,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  RA does support fit files.  I just haven't enabled it in the import page.  I'll do that for the next site update.

As for a Wahoo dongle, I'll be happy to add support for it if Wahoo is willing to work with RA.

eric Smile