Racing in the rain (Read 1392 times)

A Saucy Wench

They do not make enough body glide for Wet Monkey.

No they did not. 

I'm still wincing.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I can't recommend Walgreen brand band aids for the nipular region enough. Those swamp singlets are chafy, but I had no issues with these band aids, even in the monsoon,and they were still on the next day. If you have issues other than moobs, keep looking.
      Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Nary a blister or chafe. For once a proper placement of bandages, compression garment and body lube pre-race. 

Not even a toe nail lost.

A perfect race at the mercy of a sadist. 

I missed several RA'ers over the weekend. Perhaps next year

MDA   spelling. I will blame the keyboard and not the VooDoo Love Child

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A perfect race at the mercy of a sadist.

Please clarify where you found mercy on that day.  The RD will need to tighten up the ship next year.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Please clarify where you found mercy on that day.  The RD will need to tighten up the ship next year.

There were a couple of turns where there was an option to go uphill, or downhill, and the volunteers directed us downhill.  I'd call that mercy.

A true sadist would have directed us uphill and then forced us to hurl our tired wet and broken bodies down through the brush and trees, and over the logs and cliffs to reach the finish line mud pit.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cripes.  Gotta get that fixed.

wildchild

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

A Saucy Wench

I can't recommend Walgreen brand band aids for the nipular region enough. Those swamp singlets are chafy, but I had no issues with these band aids, even in the monsoon,and they were still on the next day. If you have issues other than moobs, keep looking.

I need a full body bandaid apparently. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Queen of 3rd Place

And please let us know if they make one for the taint. Thx.

Ex runner

Imminent Catastrophe

Medipore tape and SportShield. That is all.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

yingxuy

spam
                        daphneford

[url=http://www.conqueranycourse.com]Obstacle Race Course Training[/url]  requires not only some running experience but also some muscle conditioning to help you get through. Adventure racing gives you a plausible reason for many prepper activities…especially those related to fitness. More importantly, it gives you a FUN topic to talk about if people ask you why you’re doing what you’re doing.

Thanks for the replies. Weather report has refined a little and calls for afternoon showers, so I might be able to avoid the rain during the race.

Really, the big problem for me with running in the rain is that the shorts get wet, heavy, cold, stick to my skin, etc. and as someone else mentioned, it's a friction problem... all of which is very different from the shorts getting wet from sweat.

Would Body Glide solve the problem?