Charlotte Marathon - December 9th - My First Marathon! (Read 762 times)

Anyone from that area or have run it before that can share about the course, etc.? Thanks!
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
      if you haven't already, check out marathonguide.com for reviews about marathons and other neat stuff. good luck in your race!
      JakeKnight

if you haven't already, check out marathonguide.com for reviews about marathons and other neat stuff. good luck in your race!
        I'll second that. Although marathonguide.com is even more addicting than this place. Check out the reviews - and when you find common comments, take them seriously. People tend to get it right in their reviews. Good luck with your first marathon! It will be an experience you won't forget. And good for you for planning it for December. In that kind of weather, you'll find it a lot easier and probably a lot more fun. One piece of advice: don't have a time goal for your first. Just finish it, and enjoy the experience.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Prophet!

i'm running my first marathon (Honolulu) on December 10th...what sort of training plan are you on ? I'm on Hal Higdon's novice ones with some modifications...maybe we can share some training info.. good luck on your training and the marathon itself.
            Thanks, friends! I am liking marathonguide.com! But, yes, I am doing the Hal Higdon Novice training program...it is going well...just did the 13 mile run this past Saturday...it felt great! Happy Running All!
            If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden

Prophet!

Thanks, friends! I am liking marathonguide.com! But, yes, I am doing the Hal Higdon Novice training program...it is going well...just did the 13 mile run this past Saturday...it felt great! Happy Running All!
              Good for you that the 13 miler felt great....the last two miles of my 13 miler was a struggle but managed to pull it through...i'm loving this week's cut back week and i'm sure my body will appreciate it as well..