Protection (Read 1183 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just started using these on long runs. They are great, nice and soft, well adherent, but come off easily when I am done. They are kinda spongy.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, neat--do you use those like moleskin on blisters, or on cuts like a regular bandaid?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

All the above, but mostly to protect against a problem common to guys. Did I mention, they don't stick to chest hair? Wink
        vicentefrijole

Nice call on the sport strips! Cool Also, I meant to mention in my "big blister" forum topic that I ended up using some Band-Aid brand blister bandages. They worked awesome! However, they DO NOT come off easily (that's kinda the point) so don't put them on your chest area.... Wink (Not to plug the Band-aid brand.. I'm sure there are some generics that work well too).
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All the above, but mostly to protect against a problem common to guys. Did I mention, they don't stick to chest hair? Wink
            Oh, I had never heard about that phenomenon until backroadrunner ran the 5/3 25k race a month ago. I thought her hubby was being a smartass when he was talking about guys with bloody nipples. Lucky for us girls our bras help control the friction issues. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It can be bad news. A buddy of mine had troubles the other day during a 5 miler. It usually takes me at least 15-20 miles. Big grin

You'll ruin your knees!

Here is a link for NipGuards, a product specifically designed for this problem. I have not used them, but hear they work great. http://www.nipguards.com/ Bodyglide also works quite well. ...for those who are not familiar with the "problem", look at the photos....blood wicking down the front of your technical tee! Not a good thing! Aloha, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I've seen that on one of my club member's white technical shirt. The blood doesn't seem to come out. Either that, or he didn't bother to wash it. Either way, it's pretty gross! ciao!
                  vicentefrijole

I've seen that on one of my club member's white technical shirt. The blood doesn't seem to come out. Either that, or he didn't bother to wash it. Either way, it's pretty gross!
                    Wow.. time to get a new t-shirt. Dead I've heard that called the "double-barreled shot-gun" Big grin
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

I've seen that on one of my club member's white technical shirt. The blood doesn't seem to come out. Either that, or he didn't bother to wash it. Either way, it's pretty gross! ciao!
                      Some guys seem to take things like that as a badge of pride. He may be wearing it like that to remind him of how tough he is and how much he suffered on that run... Not my style, but I've seen stranger things.

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Not my style, but I've seen stranger things.
                        Do you want to share them with the class? Big grin
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

I think we should make an "I've seen stranger things" thread in the off-topic forum instead... Meet you all there! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

I'll try these. The cloth 'flex-strips' just fall off. Ouch!!! Cry ONON! Marc
                            JakeKnight

Here is a link for NipGuards, a product specifically designed for this problem. I have not used them, but hear they work great. http://www.nipguards.com/
                              Is it wrong of me that the name "NipGuards" just makes me giggle like a wee girl?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

Here is a link for NipGuards, a product specifically designed for this problem. I have not used them, but hear they work great. http://www.nipguards.com/ Bodyglide also works quite well. ...for those who are not familiar with the "problem", look at the photos....blood wicking down the front of your technical tee! Not a good thing! Aloha, Lynn B
                                They work really well (nipguards). A bit pricey if you run enough to use them often, but better than the alternative. Ken