Garmin Connect (Read 194 times)

Cagey

Sorry if this is repeated elsewhere.

I use a Mac (Mavericks 10.9.4) and uploaded Garmin Express and despite uninstalling it, I cannot upload my running data to RA.

Kind regards,

Keith

Shark90

I did the same and now have the same issue. I wish I had read the runningahead notice before.

"No one ever drowned in sweat." -Author Unknown
      eric :)

Hi Cagey,

I think what you need to do is uninstall everything (Garmin Express, Ant Agent, Garmin Communicator, and the USB driver if you use 205/305) and then reinstall everything but Garmin Express.  I'm not sure what Garmin Express does, but it mucks with stuff.

eric Smile

Cagey

Thank you Eric for your suggestion.

Interestingly I also have a MacBook Pro with Mavericks installed but NOT Garmin Express.  I can pair with my Forerunner 405 but I just states that there is no new data.

I will try another run tomorrow and hopefully the new data will be picked up and I will use my laptop to log my runs, until you are able to find a workaround.  I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Cheers,

Keith

Cagey

Eric,

The good news that I can now communicate with my Forerunner 405 and transfer data to my log on RA.

I think the reason it didn't work was because it had transferred data already from my run to Garmin Express.  So, when I deleted it (the app) from my iMac, there was no data to transfer (doh). Also when I used my MacBook Pro, there was no data.

Shark90, dude I did notice that when I had uninstalled Garmin Express from my iMac it was still active/resident on the Top RH toolbar.  Closed it down there, re-booted and hey presto.  Good luck.

I didn't have to delete Communicator and Ant+ software either.

Cheers,

Happy running,

Keith

redleaf

Okay - sorry if this is a dumb question but I just went to the garmin site to download whatever I should download so my new FR15 works. Except it's telling me I have to download Express. I cannot see a way to just download Garmin Connect. Does that make sense?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

an amazing likeness

I cannot see a way to just download Garmin Connect. Does that make sense?

I think you're actually looking for Garmin Communicator, download it here.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

I think you're actually looking for Garmin Communicator, download it here.

Oh thank you MT!

HF #4362

redleaf

Spoke too soon. It won't instal anything on my mac laptop. And yes, I'm trying to download the mac version. Just kinda frustrated.

HF #4362