Retailers & E-tailers: the good, the bad, and the ugly (Read 3279 times)

keeponrunning

I find this interesting... I was in Dick's in Rochester, and I found it slightly overpriced....

Dick's Sporting Goods near us is a large place with a lot of running gear in stock at decent prices. But the shopping experience is just like going to a warehouse.

We get most of our shoes from the local specialty store - Potomac River Running.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Feeling the growl again

But I still like to buy running clothes and other gear and cycling stuff locally when I can.

Me too.  The two stores closest to me have been a real diappointement in that department too.  I had gift certs from both from race awards and needed shorts.  One store had none that were not more like soccer than running shorts.  The other only had three pairs of a single style that was just OK.  

We have a store owned by Bob Kennedy that is good but it's about 45min from me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

When it comes to Dick's, you get what you pay for.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dear Zappos.com:

Thank you for your note. As you know, I have been trying to order a simple pair of shoes that my locally owned running store does not carry.  But your online checkout form keeps giving me errors.  I reported this to you.  As you suggested, I emptied my cache and tried to order again. It still did not work. I still got this error:

Oh no! We're very sorry, please fix the following issues...
              * The phone number cannot exceed 20 letters

Please know, at NO POINT did I enter a phone number with more than 10 digits.  Not today upon receiving your advice to clear my cache and try again, and not the other day when I first started getting the error.  Why would I have entered a phone number with more than 20 digits (or ANY letters)?  I'd be happy to call customer service, but I am ordering online because I am too busy to sit on the phone.  No worries, I have just ordered from a different online vendor with no problem.  A few clicks and my order was done.  No need to empty my cache.

I hope Zappos is not losing other customers to this bug! Y'all may want to get this fixed...

"run" "2" "eat"

ternt -- you obviously need to upgrade you phone "number".

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why do they even need a phone #?  I can't think of any time that an online retailer has needed to contact me by phone.  So archaic.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

1-900-HOT-MONKEY-LOVE is 21 characters... maybe if you leave out the dashes. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hi Trent,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will pass this suggestion on. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience, and we definitely appreciate your input!

Well that was more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Please let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or feedback.

Have a ZAP-TAB-U-LOUS week!

Thank you

For real.

Monkeys.

Huh.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I can't tell if you're spreading monkey love around the internet, or monkey horror.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

False dichotomonkey

Wiggle are great

www.wiggle.co.uk

Free shipping even to New Zealand, on the other side of the world.

Cheap and fast, with less restrictions on international shipping than a lot of the US based eTailers. (Read as manaufacturers protecting their local pricing zones)

I know some companies want to protect their local distributers.....but, when we can buy the exact same shoe from the UK for less than 1/2 the price we pay for it in NZ, doesn't seem right. Rant finished now.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

SeeJaneRun.com is officially on my list of never-again retailers.  Today was the 2nd time I've ordered from them and then been notified days later that the item I ordered is out-of-stock and not to become available.  They waited almost 4 days to notify me, this time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay