Hi! (Read 654 times)

Just Be

Coming here from coolrunning.com. This seems like a great place! I keep my training logs online in my own database server that only I manage, and man, I'm glad I do after hearing some of the nightmares from some of the coolrunners and their lost training logs. Sad I really hope everyone who lost their training log is able to recover it at some point! Smile The forums here certanly seem active enough for me to end up staying around! Nice site, way better than active.com due to its functionality and simplicity.
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Coming here from coolrunning.com. This seems like a great place! I keep my training logs online in my own database server that only I manage, and man, I'm glad I do after hearing some of the nightmares from some of the coolrunners and their lost training logs. Sad I really hope everyone who lost their training log is able to recover it at some point! Smile The forums here certanly seem active enough for me to end up staying around! Nice site, way better than active.com due to its functionality and simplicity.
      ... and you can easily download your log into EXCEL as a back-up. No lost data here! Welcome! Neil UK

Running ... just keep running!

Just Be

Thanks for the welcome! Smile From what I remember, coolrunning also allowed the logs to be saved in .xls format, but it was just a matter of people not knowing that and trusting that the site would always be online to provide the data. Always make incremental backups! Smile
        TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Whoa! 5:23? Nice! Craig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Just Be

Whoa! 5:23? Nice! Craig
            Thanks! Big grin With any luck, I'll break that 4:00 mile, yet! I'm shooting for a sub 5:00 mile by July of '08. We'll see how that plays out!
            TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Just be careful with that. The last guy who tried it tore a calf muscle in the last 5 yds! My first mile in yesterday's 5k was a 5:45. Can you say went out too fast? CArig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Another Passion

Welcome to RA, Runner92! Big grin

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks! Big grin With any luck, I'll break that 4:00 mile, yet! I'm shooting for a sub 5:00 mile by July of '08. We'll see how that plays out!
                  I have to brag on my 15-year-old son. His mile PR is 4:52, and that was last spring when he was 14 (he hasn't been timed lately). He is one of my main inspirations to keep running. I see how hard he works, and I know I have NO excuses! He will be trying to break 17:00 when he runs a 5k race in San Diego before the Holiday Bowl Parade on Thursday (he is going with my parents). He was up at 8 am this morning doing track work at my old high school in Austin. Teresa (usually known as "Logan's Mom")
                    Welcome runner92 Smile
                    2009: BQ?
                      Glad to have you with us runner92.

Just Be

I have to brag on my 15-year-old son. His mile PR is 4:52, and that was last spring when he was 14 (he hasn't been timed lately). He is one of my main inspirations to keep running. I see how hard he works, and I know I have NO excuses! He will be trying to break 17:00 when he runs a 5k race in San Diego before the Holiday Bowl Parade on Thursday (he is going with my parents). He was up at 8 am this morning doing track work at my old high school in Austin. Teresa (usually known as "Logan's Mom")
                        That's an awesome time for someone his age! I think when I was your son's age my best mile time was slightly under 5:00, but not under 4:55. I almost broke the 4 minute mile at one point in my life but I took about 4 years off because life got too busy. I just started running again at the start of Sept of this year. Breaking a 4 minute mile has always been one of those few things that I *really* want to do at some point in my lifetime. I decided I have to start now and really truly commit in order to still have a shot, since I'm approaching 30. I wish your son all the best with his future goals! Smile

Member Since 2008

Welcome aboard Runner92.
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's an awesome time for someone his age! I think when I was your son's age my best mile time was slightly under 5:00, but not under 4:55. I almost broke the 4 minute mile at one point in my life but I took about 4 years off because life got too busy. I just started running again at the start of Sept of this year. Breaking a 4 minute mile has always been one of those few things that I *really* want to do at some point in my lifetime. I decided I have to start now and really truly commit in order to still have a shot, since I'm approaching 30. I wish your son all the best with his future goals! Smile
                            Thanks a lot! Wow, that's amazing you approached 4 minutes. Good luck breaking it! It will be fun following your progress, since I can't even visualize a 4 minute mile!

Just Be

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Smile Smile