Anyone know anything about Ambit Energy? (Read 994 times)

DH wants us to switch from Nicor Gas to Ambit Energy because a friend of his is an Ambit consultant or something. I'm a little wary. Anyone have any experience with Ambit?

xor

I don't know anything about it directly aside from what I read in wiki.  Which is enough to make me wary as hell.

An 'ambit consultant'.

Find out if part of the pitch, say to keep your energy costs low, involves YOU becoming an ambit consultant.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Does it have any advantages over, say 5-Hour Energy Shots?

Does it have any advantages over, say 5-Hour Energy Shots?

I keep seeing one called "Infinite Energy" at Walmart.  I chuckle because it comes in six packs.  So much for infinite.

I was going to attach a picture, but I found this instead

I have no idea about Ambit energy, though.  Reading their pages makes me wary, too.  "Ambit Energy must offer value since nobody would switch to us if it were going to raise their electricity or natural gas bill."

Just like nobody would buy anything that's a bad value.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

Had not heard of them but my 30 second google search returned results with things like "multi-level marketing scheme" and "pyramid scheme."

Sounds promising!

Runners run

xor

I'm trying to sell leather jackets.  Actually, what I'd really like is a small but growing network of high energy people who would like to sell leather jackets for me. And I am bringing back the "thumbs up" gesture and other markers of "cool".

It's my Fonzie scheme.

Ayyyyyy

Ok, I managed to convince DH not to switch for gas but I think he already did for electricity. Dead

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm trying to sell leather jackets.  Actually, what I'd really like is a small but growing network of high energy people who would like to sell leather jackets for me. And I am bringing back the "thumbs up" gesture and other markers of "cool".

It's my Fonzie scheme.

Ayyyyyy

And it would work.

bhearn

I keep seeing one called "Infinite Energy" at Walmart.  I chuckle because it comes in six packs.  So much for infinite.

Oh, six is plenty big enough to be infinite. For washing machines, you're good at five.

In physics you're good at four.

bhearn

It's my Fonzie scheme.

Ayyyyyy

Sounds like it might make you Richie.

xor

Ok, tangent on the washing machine joke...

I always thought that machines that went small->medium->large->oversize were a lot like real world versions of the Spinal Tap "it goes to 11" joke.

Or the fact that a small pizza at many places is a "medium".  Drink sizes do this sometimes too.

Also: Ambit is a weird name.  I keep seeing Armpit.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Also: Ambit is a weird name.  I keep seeing Armpit.

My first impressions is it's a gambit.

energizingsouls

Yes, I am very familiar with Ambit and can tell you whatever you want to know, with honesty.  It is NOT a scam.  No you don't have to be a consultant to save on your energy nor to receive a free energy supply.  We take pride in helping people and that is what we are about.  Helping others to save money.  Please feel free to contact me directly for any answers.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, THAT doesn't look spammy at all. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Yes, I am very familiar with Ambit and can tell you whatever you want to know, with honesty

How does Armbit compare to popular energy supplements? Is it like the the decaf version of 5 Hour Energy? What's up with that flavor anyway? They don't sell decaf Red Bull!!! What the hell do they put in it? ExtenZe?