OWN Oprah and Lance-spoilers (Read 328 times)

Feeling the growl again

For frig's sake.  Previously claimed he'd never tested positive...now admits he doped...samples never tested later tested "flaming" positive..but still tris to ride the fence of never testing positive vs admitting he did dope....says he gave to UCI despite not being a fan because "they asked me to"...

...admits cortisone test back-dated...

"You're suing people when you know they're telling the truth.." - OW

"It's a guy who expected to control every outcome and expected to control it...." - LA

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm not watching the interview,but be sure to let us know if or when he admits to being Manti Teo's secret girl friend.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

He is a control freak obviously.  Nice job Oprah.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Feeling the growl again

"I called you crazy.  I called you a bitch.  But I never called you fat."  -- LA justifying his response to Betsy Andrieu.  "I was just on the attack."

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I'm not watching the interview,but be sure to let us know if or when he admits to being Manti Teo's secret girl friend.

1+

Assh le

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

I just got home and found out I have the OWN network. I wish I didn't care about this.

Runners run

To be fair for those not watching the interview, he's describing his flawed character when he 'justifies' himself.

"I called you crazy.  I called you a bitch.  But I never called you fat."  -- LA justifying his response to Betsy Andrieu.  "I was just on the attack."

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

To be fair for those not watching the interview, he's describing his flawed character when he 'justifies' himself.

WWKD   What would kip do?     ha ha  ha

DO the ENDS, Justify the means?

Mountain time.  I have an hour to wait.

It can be streamed on oprah.com at 9ET/PT - even in Alaska. I've got slow DSL which means slow wifi, so could catch some of the questions, then have it cut out for the answers. I had just gotten in from my snowshoe run (yea - fresh snow) and driveway shoveling so thought I'd tune in for awhile.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Lance is a flawed, ruthless person.  Those of us who knew him when he was young have known this a long time.  He would do whatever it took.   I am sick about all this, but I still support Lance in whatever he does going forward.  I'm sorry for the people he steamrolled.  I am not surprised.  I get it.  I guess I'm a bad person, but I DO get it.   I admire Lance for many reasons and I'm sorry he did some of the things he did. I believe he is, too.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

skygazer

I'm not watching the interview either. But I'd like to know anything that's "new". Wouldn't he just say it's all about money and fame.

skygazer

Lance is a flawed, ruthless person.  Those of us who knew him when he was young have known this a long time.  He would do whatever it took.   I am sick about all this, but I still support Lance in whatever he does going forward.  I'm sorry for the people he steamrolled.  I am not surprised.  I get it.  I guess I'm a bad person, but I DO get it.   I admire Lance for many reasons and I'm sorry he did some of the things he did. I believe he is, too.

Why do you have to mention you're a "bad" person?

Steve Job was relentless and not a likable person. But he achieved what he did not by cheating. Flawed but still respectable.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I believe he's sorry - that he got busted.

For some reason I don't have the outrage that everyone else seems to have.  I don't hate him.  I'm sad but not disgusted.  I suspect maybe I'm flawed, too.   I don't really care If I am.  I've made it this far.

Steve Jobs would have cheated in the Tour de France.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

dennrunner

For some reason I don't have the outrage that everyone else seems to have.  I don't hate him.  I'm sad but not disgusted.  I suspect maybe I'm flawed, too.   I don't really care If I am.  I've made it this far.

Steve Jobs would have cheated in the Tour de France.

I don't have the outrage, either. Maybe I would if I had been one of the persons directly affected.

The part I don't get is that while watching CNN and looking at comments on cycling sites is that some people keep saying he's not sorry or remorseful.  My response is:  Who cares?  I just want the facts about what he did. I don't really care if he's sorry about it.