One Year and Counting! (Read 132 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wing

Joggaholic

Nicely done!

Whoa.  Not only 365 days straight, but an average of 7.1 miles per day!

~Kate

Life is short.  Running makes it seem longer.

Joann Y

fantastic!

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Congrats! A great accomplishment.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

woah.  Wouldn't want to be a slave to that.

Congrats, man.  7.1mi/day.  Damn impressive.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Congrats, keep it rolling.

You're eligible for this group: www.runeveryday.com. I may join this year, finally.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

woah.  Wouldn't want to be a slave to that.

Congrats, man.  7.1mi/day.  Damn impressive.

I briefly considered quitting at day 364, just to prove I'm not that obsessive, but, nah. Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats, keep it rolling.

You're eligible for this group: www.runeveryday.com. I may join this year, finally.

Holy cow.  That looks like a serious organization.  Am I that serious? Confused

npaden

Congrats!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Holy cow.  That looks like a serious organization.  Am I that serious? Confused

I hope not: the top guy has a streak lasting 44.5 years.  No thanks.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

on my way to badass

Wow!  Congrats, that is a huge accomplishment.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I should elaborate on this.  In November of 2012, someone (Seanv2, who has since changed his screen name or hidden his profile) posted a "Streak Through the Holidays" challenge here in the forums.  At the time I saw that, I had a streak of 10 or 12 days going, so I thought, sure, I'll see how this goes.  You could say the rest is history, but my bigger point is that I soon discovered that streaking made my running life a lot easier.  Now, it's not a question of whether I'm going to run; I just know I'm going to get up and do it.  No negotiating.  The bargaining with myself, especially while snuggled in my warm bed, used to be the hardest thing I did all day. Smile

Unexpected bonus:  Once my wife and daughter found out about my streak, they have suddenly taken more interest in my running.  They almost have more vested in seeing that I continue the streak than I do myself.

Sometimes the challenge of figuring out how to make the run happen has been fun.  I have run in blizzards (only a couple of miles) and zero weather (invigorating) and while traveling (mountain roads at altitude are great training) and with interleaved surgeries (cataract), blood donations, and a bout of tendonitis of the ankle.  The latter held me to one very slow mile, then a couple miles for a few days, but it healed up, maybe more quickly than it would have without running.  I think only two days were on a treadmill.  You probably think I'm obsessive, but I won't be brokenhearted when the streak ends.  I think.

And, yeah, there are people with thirty-forty year streaks. Shocked

Ojo

Congratulations!

Doesn't it feel great to get out there everyday?  Smile

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congratulations!

Doesn't it feel great to get out there everyday?  Smile

It really does, and, my goodness, my streak is paltry compared to yours!  Congrats back at ya!