First Half Marathon and Huge Thank You!! (Read 461 times)

Crazy Train

I ran the Tyranena Beer Run 1/2 Marathon(1/2 Barrel as they call it) in Lake Mills, WI on Saturday. I finished in 1:52:23 at an 8:35 pace. It was my first half marathon and it was wonderful!!! I also got engaged that morning before the run... my boyfriend, now fiance, proposed to me pre-run. I was a mess... but managed to pull myself together for the run!! It was a completely wonderful surprise. Big grin The race was fantastic. Jared, my fiance (that sounds so great) and I ran with my colleague, Sarah and it was just great. We were talking so much that the miles just flew by. Post race was great too. If you haven't had beer from Tyranena Brewery, you must try it. It is so yummy. They had an awesome lasagna dinner with breadsticks and salad. It was wonderful. I also wanted to thank everyone on RA... you've all been such an inspiration to keep running. I'm newer to the website and I know I haven't posted a ton, but I value all of the information that I've gotten from everyone here. Thank you so much for being such a great community and thank you eric for a great website!!! Keep running!!! HTFU!

Runnin' from the law.

Wow!!! Congrats on the race AND ON THE ENGAGEMENT! How exciting!!! Big grin
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big congrats on BOTH accounts--what an awesome day! My favorite HM, thus far, was also sponsored by a brewery...I think I ran fast because I knew there was killer beer at the finish (and I had a HTFU sign at 11 miles, too)! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Man! That is Awesome! Way to be able to pull off the HM after the big marriage proposal! Congratulations on both the engagement and a great race! Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

CONGRATS!! Such a cute time for two runners to get engaged Smile Nice half too- way to beat your pace in your previous PR from shorter races!!
              wow! all kinds of exciting things happening at your race! WTG on an AWESOME first time half! and congrats on the engagement. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

WOW! What a day. Congratulations all around. You "rock"! Big grin (I'm tired, don't mind my attempt at humor on the engagement ring and cool compliment - it just goes along with how my husband proposed to me while we sat on a huge rock in a park and I always refer to that rock as "The rock that got me the rock".) An 8:35 pace for your first HM is awesome. Smile

Michelle

Did your fiance get the yes before or after the race? Congrats! Awesome time for a first HM!

Vim

Dog-Love

What a great day. Congrats and keep running!
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Congratulations!! A day like that is one for the record books. You ran a great race and the event sounds like a good one. Wishing you and your soon-to-be DH, all the best. Big grin

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Crazy Train

Did your fiance get the yes before or after the race? Congrats! Awesome time for a first HM!
                        Thank you for all of your posts!! And yes, my fiance did get a yes before the race... of course that was after numerous times of asking "what are you doing?" and "is this for real?" ... he finally said, "you know you haven't said "yes" yet." Smile I was just SO surprised that I couldn't believe it was really happening. It was definitely the most perfect day!!

Runnin' from the law.

Congrats on your engagement and your fantastic first half! Great story!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congratulations on the race and the engagement. Two great things on one morning. Did your feet even touch the ground thorugh out your run or did you just float along on cloud nine?
                            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com