Course Elevations N/A (Read 439 times)

I've just noticed over the last few days that the elevation function is no longer working for me. In the area where the elevation would show it says "N/A". I have tried courses that I have created and also that other users have created and none of them will show an elevation.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

John

eric :)

Hi John,

I was able to create a map with elevation so it is working properly, at least in the US.  If you're outside of the US, you may experience some problems if USGS goes down.

eric :-)

Hi Eric,

I tried again and still no luck., it still shows N/A

I am in the U.S. (Oregon) and while I usually use Firefox, I even tried Internet Explorer with the same result. I checked back on the Runner's World site, where I previously was using their training log, and the elevation function for the courses I created there is working correctly, so it does not appear to be a USGS problem.

If nobody else is experiencing this then it must be software/configuration issue on my end. Any ideas on what else I can check that could cause the elevation to show up N/A?

Thanks again,

John

John,

What browser do you use?

I use Firefox (latest update) primarily, but I also logged in using IE to test if it was a Firefox issue, and I get the "N/A" for both browsers. If I log into the RW training log site (which I am told you created, and why I'm making the comparison), then the elevation works for both browsers.

I'm using Win XP sp3 for my OS, and an AMD processor, 3 GB RAM

Thanks,

John

John,

I checked out your log and was able to generate elevation profiles for 4 of your routes that I sampled.  Did you click on the elevation button the map's toolbar?  What did you do to get the elevation?  Could you provide me with a list of steps?

It works (D'oh)

I was looking for the button in the place that it is on the RW site since they're so similar. I'm not using that site anymore so hopefully I can retrain this old, tired brain to your site.

Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for your effort in helping me.

Thanks,

John