long run by time or pace/distance? (Read 291 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There is no running calculator in existence which would predict a marathon in 2X your HM time.

In case this is a challenge....

http://fastmarathonpredictortime.webs.com/

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

In case this is a challenge....

http://fastmarathonpredictortime.webs.com/

I stand corrected.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The Pocatello Kid.

I credit any "success" I've had at running to pickle juice. I buy 2-3 jars of pickles a week. The story of my PR marathon was pickles and gum. I discovered this on my own without having a subscription to the worst running magazine.

Seriously, house a jar of pickles the night before your long run. I can't promise you will be able to hit your splits on your long run, but you will be able to say that you housed a jar of pickles.

If you are looking for short cuts and to cut some corners in your marathon training you should up your pickle juice intake three fold. That will hold the cramps at bay.

Feeling the growl again

I credit any "success" I've had at running to pickle juice. I buy 2-3 jars of pickles a week. The story of my PR marathon was pickles and gum. I discovered this on my own without having a subscription to the worst running magazine.

Seriously, house a jar of pickles the night before your long run. I can't promise you will be able to hit your splits on your long run, but you will be able to say that you housed a jar of pickles.

This is why I make my own pickles.  I don't have to risk blowing up my garage or buy an RV to make The Clear.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MrH

I buy 2-3 jars of pickles a week. 

You must be one of those 1% ers.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

The Pocatello Kid.

Running is a fairly inexpensive hobby. Minus all the shoes and pickles of course.

You must be one of those 1% ers.