2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

BeeRunB

Today: 6 miles  total: 9 miles Streak: 2 days Division: 2-0 Conference: 2-0  Nipples: 2

I'm in. 1 mile yesterday.  I'll upload the data later.  2 miles today on the hamster wheel.  First time ever on a treadmill.  I think I need one!

I have one. No way I coud keep up the streak without it with three kids. My treadmill guilty pleasure: watching The Biggest Loser on Youtube while runnig. Don't tell anyone.

Also, today marks one year of my streaking. Yay!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I ran a 5 mile race down by my parents house with DH and my friend Jess.  Paced her to her A goal :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive, you ever run Bussey Point? The 12 mile yellow trail is well marked and a nice run.

X-  No, I usually just run in my neighborhood.  I hate to waste time driving anywhere.  My first 50K was on

Bartram Trail which goes from West Dam to Wild Wood Park / Keg Creek just across from Bussy point it

looks like.  The trail is nice but too much tree cover for me.  Kind of claustrophobic.  Looking at your map

Bussey Point looks pretty much covered as well.

I've been thinking of using Ft. Gordon Rec. area for my long runs (not all that far from my house) when I start

ramping up my miles again.  It's more open and not so desolate.  Plus there is the little store etcSmile

We do use the Augusta canal starting at Savannah Rapids Pavilion running toward Augusta out and back.  

It's a nice dirt road right between the river and the canal.   Roundtrip maybe 15 miles.  

If you want something more challenging you might like FATS.  Convoluted drive to get there for you maybe.

steph  

exponentiate

I think I would like to commit to this, with maybe 60 December miles? I'm not much of a runner, but I need something to help me push through the winter brain sludge.

keeponrunning

Did the minimum mile today.  For some reason my shoes are tearing up the back of my foot.  Oh, and I'm still sick with this damn cold.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

justrundan

Freezing rain before I got out of work today.  Shuffled 1.3 miles on the edge of the road where it wasn't quite as icy.

Nice job on the streak Jancika.

Dan

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Ran six today. I don't have a treadmill and hate them. However I can see their use in the nasty weather. Hope we don't get anything too bad for at least the next 33 days!

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

Another quick (for me) 3 today. Gorgeous day...sunny 46. Nice break in the Kansas cold snap. Now onto the family Thanksgiving gathering. Hosting 30+ and heading to the kitchen. They'll let me out about 9 pm. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Fletch

Drove up to the mountains of North Carolina for a few days with family.  Snow on the ground, but managed to get in 2 miles yesterday, for day 2 of the streak.

From the Internet.

Day 12, first run with new heart rate monitor. A humblingly slow 8.5 miles but feeling very good - I think low heart rate training will make it that much easier for me to keep up the streak.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

1.3 easy today purely for streaking purposes!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Christirei

Keeping the streak going although my legs are complaining from ten runs in a row, need to be careful because my mileage has been low this fall and don't want to screw anything up by ramping up mileage to quickly! able to run two runs in a row with friends, which was a great way to catch up with them, and both run considerably slower than my typical pace which helped me keep it easy and gave my legs a break

3 / 35 done!

I've realized today that my mileage goal is a tall order, but no way I'm not achieving it.

3 down, lots to go!

Did 14 miles on the treadmill today while watching the Stephen Hawking movie, "The Theory of Everything".  I feel enlightened.  And tired.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals