Need a good DVD for home use (Read 1352 times)

Top 'O the World!

I'm familiar enough with the P90X DVD's to be able to "modify" the workouts....I just need to be more consistent about doing them!!  ~ found a set on Craig's List for less than the BeachBody site but, I don't remember how much. All the way through, they show you easier/harder versions of the core move so that you can adjust per your ability, including those of us who "currently struggle with" chin-ups! . Minimal equipment needed.

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    ud32

......... including those of us who "currently struggle with" chin-ups! .

I believe they (whoever "they" is" ) sell elastic bands to help with those who struggle with chin ups. basically a giant rubber band. Anyone know where to purchase these ?

Incidentally - if you struggle with doing full pull-ups or chin-ups start out by jumping a bit to get you up, and then lower yourself slowly down. This will help build some strength in the muscles you need to do the full thing.

If you have access to a gym with an assisted pull-up machine this is the best way to really - just set the machine at the weight that allows you to just complete 3 sets of 10 (you'll need to experiment initially to find out the correct setting). Over time you should find that you can decrease the amount of assistance that you need.

I believe they (whoever "they" is" ) sell elastic bands to help with those who struggle with chin ups. basically a giant rubber band. Anyone know where to purchase these ?

Iron Woody or Rogue Fitness or even Amazon.

Saw this pull up progression program and am planning to try it.

http://eliteathletic.com/pull-up-intensive-begins-monday-may-7/

xor

Iron Woody!