Brooks Running Skirt (Read 1035 times)

Ooh...and tomorrow I *could* stop by TJMaxx since I will be in the neighborhood.... Big grin k
    Hmm...maybe I'll see you there! Big grin Got errands and a conference for my little guy tomorrow morning. Might have to visit TJX afterward!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That would be funny...perusing the racks, seeing a woman looking at the skirts...assume she is you and make some funny joke...woman looks at me like and backs away.... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That would be funny...perusing the racks, seeing a woman looking at the skirts...assume she is you and make some funny joke...woman looks at me like and backs away.... Wink k
        LOL!! I'll have to get someone to take a pic of me so you know who I am!! That pic from '89 in my "about me" doesn't really help you, does it?!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're the one on the right, right? Look at those leg muscles! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

You're the one on the right, right? Look at those leg muscles! Big grin k
            Right! The right! Heh. We ran all the time. Great running buddies!! EVERY night 6.5 miles....*sigh*
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, you must have really racked-up the miles! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, that is so sad that you lost her. Car accidents scare me...it's one of those freak things that we often have no control over, no matter how careful we are. Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jill, speaking of that skirt...I just tried it on at a running store today. It ran VERY large, the compression shorts were even loose on me in a size small (I wear about a size 6 and have bulky thighs, so I'm not super small). I also thought it too long and not stretchy enough for running. I can see why you didn't like it. I think it would be nice for hiking or maybe yoga, but not anything more active. Definitely not well desgined for running. And that drawstring waist would make me nuts. k

~ Sarah Kay

Uh oh....someone with a negative opinion on the running skirt. Scroll down the page till you get to the article What's Cooler Than Culottes? http://www.getoutdoors.com/goblog/index.php?/authors/6-ThatWilsonGirl

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Do running tights on ANYONE not look kinda fruity?
                      Dropped down to about 35° this morning. So for my run I put on my favorite pair of tights -- the black ones with the red and blue accents. Nothing but a thin layer of spandex/nylon separating me from the elements. You call it fruity -- I call it freedom! Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Uh oh....someone with a negative opinion on the running skirt. Scroll down the page till you get to the article What's Cooler Than Culottes? http://www.getoutdoors.com/goblog/index.php?/authors/6-ThatWilsonGirl
                        I think that blogger is missing the point...it's not so much about wearing a skirt as it is about not having fabric bunching up between one's smooshy inner thighs...which is uncomfortable AND really unattractive. With shorts I was forever yanking excess fabric out from my crotch regions. I'd wear those snug sprinter/compression shorts, but THAT would REALLY make me feel self-conscious. The running skirt (skort) is all about the compression short with the skirt on top for modesty. The fact that it looks cute is just gravy. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You call it fruity -- I call it freedom! Tongue
                          Ok, William Wallace... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay