Big Azz Race Medals? (Read 204 times)

Walk-Jogger

Just curious if anyone knows of a Half Marathon with a BIGGER finishing medal than this one?

I could go run this race, but it would mean I'd have to skip my really fun 8-mile hill climb race that same day and much closer to home. But the hill climb race has no prizes or medals.

"

REASON ONE TO BE AT SAGE RAT RUN
    The biggest Half Marathon finishing medal in Washington State? In 2013, Sage Rat Run had an impressive 5 inch Sage Rat Volcano Medal due to the anniversary of the St Helens eruption. The Little Rock Marathon claims to have the largest marathon finishing medal in the country at around 7 x 6 inches. The 2014 Sage Rat Run Half Marathon 12k Finishing Medal will be a whopping 6 inch monster. Is there a bigger finishing medal in Washington? We think not. Not only will it be big, we are claiming that it will be the coolest finishing medal you will receive in 2014. If we are wrong about having the coolest, biggest, medal in Washington, let us know so we can do better in 2015.

"

Retired &  Loving It

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That medal may be the best reason to not do the Sage Rat Run.

BeeRunB

great design

5 medals for 3 runs (plus one "virtual run") what's not to like.

Feeling the growl again

I find it gaudy.  But the Little Rock one is kind of impressive and would probably break the dowel I hang my medals on.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Walk-Jogger

I find it gaudy.  But the Little Rock one is kind of impressive and would probably break the dowel I hang my medals on.

That sucker is big enough to use as a dinner plate.

Retired &  Loving It

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

great design

+1

i love that design. I'd run it if it was nearby.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Ugh...I'm not exaggerating when I say the full marathon finishers' medal is one reason I decided to run the Little Rock Half this year, when I've always done the full, and will likely continue to do so in the future.  Though I did miss some parts of the full course, it was nice not to have to deal with that monstrosity after the race.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Ugh...I'm not exaggerating when I say the full marathon finishers' medal is one reason I decided to run the Little Rock Half this year, when I've always done the full, and will likely continue to do so in the future.  Though I did miss some parts of the full course, it was nice not to have to deal with that monstrosity after the race.

Do they pin it on you or something? You know you don't have to take the medal, right?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                    mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Do they pin it on you or something? You know you don't have to take the medal, right?

Eh, I'm a "pleaser."  And, I paid for it, might as well take it.

Besides...my in-laws LOVE that medal; they've stated multiple times, when they've done the full, that it was the only reason they wanted to run that distance (I know, right?), and that the "bling" is the only reason they run any iteration of that race.  So, it just seems easier to take the medal.  Though I do resist MIL's insistence that I should wear it to work the next day.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

joescott

I don't know of a BIGGER half marathon finishing medal, but I know of a BETTER half marathon finisher's medal.

I just ran the Lincoln Marathon and to my surprise the HM finisher's medal says, "Lincoln Marathon 2014 Finisher", just like mine!  In fact, it is identical to mine in all respects!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A jeweler could make it into an earring for you.

Someone said "Dinner plates"?    You want saucer size, Mid sized, or full size plate?   (WARNING:  Keep away from small children, could cause serious injury.)

Personally I like the smaller medals.  I like the older Boston and Shamrock medals as examples.  Granted, the pic I found for old Boston medal is really old, but their medals were small for many years.

Is bigger always better concerning medals?  Differing opinions out there on that one.. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Walk-Jogger

I want one of those.

Someone said "Dinner plates"?    You want saucer size, Mid sized, or full size plate?   (WARNING:  Keep away from small children, could cause serious injury.)

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Did you realize there are also big azz medals in that photo?

I want one of those.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills