Stalked while running...again. (Read 999 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, check this out: seemommyrun.com There is a group in our area, but it has ONE member and it appears that she is simply looking for people to walk with. I may start a group of my own. The service even offers neat way to print a pre-made PDF flyer: flyer Do you think Curves would let me post something like that, or would they view it as stealing their paying members? We do have a small fitness club in the area, too. Where else do you think I might find people receptive to letting me post that? I know I could post it at our grocery store...maybe daycares or schools? Though I'm still playing with the idea of a more co-ed group. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I googled it for ya and the bad news is that your state doesn't allow you to defend youself http://www.safetyessentials.com/stun-guns-stun-guns-and-taser-laws.html MICHIGAN: Illegal The Michigan Penal Code Act 328 of 1931. Chapter 750.224a Portable device or weapon directing electrical current, impulse, wave, or beam; sale or possession prohibited; testing. (1) A person shall not sell, offer for sale, or possess in this state a portable device or weapon from which an electric current, impulse, wave or beam is designed to incapacitate temporarily, injure, or kill. (3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony. SUMMARY: Possession and sales of Stunning Devices are banned in Michigan Too bad Ever see the movie Enough? The self defense part is very good So that is a good option

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Finbarr

what about doing a Team-in-Training? Maybe you'll meet people that would like to run with you outside of the organized Team-in-Training.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

what about doing a Team-in-Training? Maybe you'll meet people that would like to run with you outside of the organized Team-in-Training.
          That would be a great option, but I'm just not ready for that caliber of event training...yet. That's even beyond the 105 mile Death Valley ride my hubby is doing for the JDRF. But I definitely want to do some running for charity. I'm already planning to raise money for "Girls On The Run" when I do my first half marathon this fall. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom Sorry you're having to deal with this headache. I think the seemommyrun club is a great idea. Posting in Curves and the fitness club would probably work. I think most race directors would let you put out a flyer on the registration tables. Another thing you could do is hook up with a training program. The CRIM 10 mile in Flint has a great program and they get a lot of people signed up for it. It ends up being a great support for runners and walkers. Check it out - www.crim.org/training.php Perhaps, there is something like that on the west side of the state. I know there's a lot of runners in the Grand Rapids area. One more idea, check out the local schools cross country teams. Many of them are in their summer conditioning programs right now and most coaches would be thrilled to have an adult woman running with the girls. Hope you're able to find something to help you feel more comfortable when you are on the roads. Ken