Speaking of Chicago... (Read 453 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just found out that one of my HS classmates finished 18th overall for the women and qualified for the Olympic trials. She qualified once before, but didn't make it into the Olympics. I'm so proud of her--Go Wendi Ray! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I just found out that one of my HS classmates finished 18th overall for the women and qualified for the Olympic trials. She qualified once before, but didn't make it into the Olympics. I'm so proud of her--Go Wendi Ray! Big grin k
      Damn! What was her time? (Nevermind. I don't really want to hear it!). How many from each country (or from the US) get a spot in the marathon? Is it her only event, or does she plan to compete in other long races? When are the trials? T'would be very cool to watch the Olympic marathon and know one of the runners.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

T'would be very cool to watch the Olympic marathon and know one of the runners.
        It really would (she married a classmate of ours. I have known him since first grade and her since 5th--she's one of the nicest, most modest people alive. Our graduating class was only about 60 students, so I know her and her hubby quite well...ran track with Wendi and she was always the girl to beat in the 2 mile)! I think her time was about 2:40:46...IIRC. Not much "slower" than my expected HALF-marathon time. She has won a few halves, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay