Why is your state so.... (Read 785 times)

No, I just find it odd that people are always detaching Alaska and putting it in strange places. 

I thought you could see Mexico from Alaska or something like that. 

All I ever needed to know about maps is what I learned from Disney's "It's a Small World After All" ride.  The world starts in Scandinavia where you are greeted by reindeer on hilltops, Nordic folk dancers, and Danish toy soldiers.  The world ends at the USA. 

jfa

Thanks Doug for putting that stupid song in my head.

Thanks a lot.

I have given up trying to defend my state. Say what you will. I no longer care.

an amazing likeness

Boring

Liberal

Poor

Cold.

I should just run into oncoming traffic tonight. 

Tried that already.  Didn't even make the newspaper...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, how 'bout that? We didn't get 'so domineering', after all.  We got 'SO AWESOME'. Big grin

Just for you, waytogo (and to raise it in Google's ranking), I did the search.  Guess what came up #1? Smile

Why are Texans so domineering?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Interesting...my homestate of WI scores high for overweight on one measurement, then scores quite favorably in low obesity #s on another measure.  Both measures were deemed as "actual data."  Whose data?

The map on the left is the perception based on Google's autocomplete feature.  The one on the right is based on CDC data.  Yep, there's a disparity.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks Doug for putting that stupid song in my head.

Thanks a lot.

+1

Just for you, waytogo (and to raise it in Google's ranking), I did the search.  Guess what came up #1? Smile

Why are Texans so domineering?

Ha--awesome! Big grin
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The map on the left is the perception based on Google's autocomplete feature.  The one on the right is based on CDC data.  Yep, there's a disparity.

Ahhh...OK, it wasn't completely clear which map was showing which results.  It is really interesting how different our perceptions of things (even right where we live) differ from reality.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm curious, are these suggestions really based on common searches? Or are they generated by Google? 

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm curious, are these suggestions really based on common searches? Or are they generated by Google? 

They are presumably based on frequency of searches on Google.  Theoretically, Google could be doing something with the ranking, but it's probably just how many times that phrase has been entered.  Are you tall, fat, happy, and good at swimming?

Neither tall nor fat, unhappy at the moment because I'm working through some joint unpleasantness. Also, I'm an awful swimmer. 

Google, apparently, is full of it. Perhaps I'm not true enough to my own country... 

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

mikeymike

What is the difference?

Runners run

Maggie & Molly

Liberal

Expensive

Expensive to live in

Important

Yup, pretty much.

agreed.  that's us.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Washington state: rainy, cloudy, important, liberal. Not sure how important figures in- the other three are true for the western half of the state, but not the eastern half.