Favorite Non-Running Socks? (Read 52 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Debated on putting this in "Gears and Wears," but it probably belongs here.

Getting to be about time to replace some of my more "ventilated" casual, white, low-cut socks.  So, I made the trip to "Journeys" in the mall, which is where, believe it or not, I'd found the ones I liked best.  This was many years ago (they weren't lying when they said they were well-made), and apparently in the interim, they've stopped carrying that type of sock.

So, does anyone have any particular brand or store that produces your favorite sock?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Feeling the growl again

My general wear and running socks are generic Wal-Mart socks. I wear better ones for races.  works for me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

EdithRevisited

If you ask

DH loves socks from LLBean.   They, too, last for years.

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
        • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
        • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

#artbydmcbride

Socks?  When not running??  Confused

Runners run

wigwam, experia or wright socks.    smartwool phd are also very nice.  sorry I work at REI so had to do plug.  wigwams are actually my favorite either synthetic or the ones with low % of merino wool.

around home working in yard still use cotton (boo, boo, cotton is bad) but only because have a drawer full of them when wife used to buy the 8-10 pks at costco.   for running/hiking its either synthetic or merino wool.