misc update 12 (Read 2209 times)

eric :)

Hello everyone, It's been a month since my development machine died on me. It is finally back up again. I still have to install more software on it and should be back to normal by next weekend. While waiting for the parts to come in, and going away for the last two weekends, I managed to put in some more updates. This is a fair minor one since my computer was dead for quite a while. Group statistics The "Members" link on the group menu is now called "Statistics". The old "Members" page only listed distances for the current week. I expanded it so you can view distances of other date ranges. You can also specify your own range if you like. Furthermore, you can sort by member names, distance, or time. I added paging so that you won't be overwhelmed by names in a large group. Group management If you're an administrator of the group, there's a new "Members" link in your group's menu that lists all the members in the group. If you click on a user's name, you'll get a page that lets you manage the user. You can now kick or ban a user from the group using the following rules: - owner can kick/ban everyone except him/herself - administrators can kick/ban only non-administrative users If you're an administrator, please use your new powers responsibly. Kicking is fun until someone gets hurts. Custom short date format You now can specify your own short date format by going to Options -> Locale Settings. Hover your cursor over the question mark ( ) to list the date formats that you can use. As always, these updates are brought to you with the help of my beta users. You guys rock! Now I'll go back to fixing my computer. After that, I'm spending all my time in adding support for GPS upload. Yes, for once I'm announcing what I'll be working on next because it's something that I'll need feedback on from the folks with GPS. eric Smile
    va

Hi Eric, Nice work on the group stats capability! Thanks!
      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Yes! I love all the new features! Thanks for all your hard work. I am also looking forward to the GPS stuff as I have a 305 on the way from Amazon......You're awesome, thanks, Jill
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
        eric :)

Yes! I love all the new features! Thanks for all your hard work. I am also looking forward to the GPS stuff as I have a 305 on the way from Amazon......You're awesome, thanks, Jill
          Jill, you sure are on top of things. You noticed it before I had a chance to describe the latest changes. There are some more statistics that I want to add to the groups but couldn't figure out how the layout would work so that'll need to be postponed. My feature request tracking system is still down due to the devel machine death so I don't know if I missed any simple requests. Anyway, I don't know how the GPS stuff will look yet, and I'm sure I'll want to hear from you guys on what you want out of it.
          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Jill, you sure are on top of things. You noticed it before I had a chance to describe the latest changes.
            Hmmm...that's because I am here all the time. I am an RA addict, I suppose. I just don't do a whole lot of posting in the open forum. Mostly I stick with my 'home forum' the DCP. I love this place! You should be very proud. Thanks for all your efforts! Smile Jill
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
              Thank you so much for your hard work. There are other places where I also keep track of my running (yeah, that GPS thing, you know Smile_ but thanks to you and wonderful community here I make sure to log my runs in here also. Great job, Eric. Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                Hi Eric Nice work!! I like this "Statistics" just what I was looking for when I started using RunningAhead Smile . Anders

Denmark