Any RWOL 3:20, 3:00 or Competitive Jerks out there? (Read 1014 times)

fb-guy

I agree that sub groups are fun. I guess we'll see how many makes sense -- 2:40, 2:50, 3:00, 3:10, 3:20, 3:30, etc. Hey, it's a community forum, and it has a life of its own.

What we need is more runners, more experts, more funny guys and some serious attitude.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

bhearn

There are a lot of experts here -- you will find them if you ask questions. Maybe a small number compared to what you're used to at RWOL, but I've never lacked for resources here. Also the sub-3 thread seems to be a catchall for anything under 3.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Maybe keep it to sub3:00, 3:30, and 4:00. keeps it simple and covers all the bases. I think the sub4:00 group actually started a user group if not mistaken.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

#artbydmcbride

We like to think of them as Elitist Pricks, not Competitive Jerks.

Runners run

xor

I'd love to see those gals and guys come over.  Lots of compelling reasons.  One of which, as bhearn noted... you haven't seen them (yet), but we have damn good runners here.  So, please come over and expand the group.  The discussions will be mo bettah.  But don't move in thinking that there's no one home.  :-)

We had a bit of a bump last week because certain "dailies" got posted in the main forum area.  For that reason, a couple of the groups moved into our User Group area (the party rooms).  Honestly when it comes to running discussions, have at it wherever.

FWIW, a ton of SpamWOL people came over because of the spam and the site changes.  The spam didn't really make its way down to MRT at the same level of pain and it seems like MRT isn't freaking out too much about the site changes.  So folks may not want to move.

Still though... our site is by a runner/developer with a community of runners FOR runners.  We have an amazing log and group.  Some ads, but they aren't annoying.  No videos of Lance and Kristin Armstrong.  No nondeterministic moderators.  An admin/owner/developer who listens and does cool-as-shit-stuff. Cussing.  No 'report a user' bullshit shenanigans that helped blow apart MRT some time back.  Etc.

It is a nice place.

HermosaBoy

We like to think of them as Elitist Pricks, not Competitive Jerks.

Who you talking about????

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Fonz41

What we really need is some of the talent. Has anybody talked to Matt, Amuse, Brock, MichaelMc, Bird, Stig, GIM, R2H, Rovatti, Rachel, etc. about cutting RWOL off completely? None of this riding two bikes at the same time sh!t. hahaha.

Have to admit that I like the 3:20 thread. It's weird but familiar. Like a roach motel -- once you come in....

I was going to join, but I'm put off by my exclusion from the list above. 

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman:

Strict WTF adherent

Yeah, what about those of us with no talent?

fb-guy

Oh sh!t. I feel awful. Fonz is the best.

Now -- wake up the sled dogs and go mush over to the new and improved 3:20 thread.

Would you start the 2013 3:20 thread -- I miss Crash.

fb-guy

McB -- everybody needs a running hotdog.

xor

Fonz!

Pretty please stay. 

xor

Yeah, what about those of us with no talent?

They allow me to post, so, duh.

Another talentless hack signiing in!

Sir Diggby

Master of My Domain

Where all the white women at?

You look so absurd, you look so obscene...

fb-guy

We'll take the niggers and the chinks. But we don't want the Irish!