Snow not funny! (Read 1080 times)

sorry - just can't get the pic to post - we have a 14 foot pile of snow in our cul-de-sac - the city just keeps piling it up without removing it!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, Winter needs to go buh bye, now! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

It seems like just last month that more than a few of you were complaining that winter would never seem to get here. Oh. Wait. It was last month. Enjoy the snow! It's 13 degrees with a windchill approaching 0 here in Nashville (global warming strikes again), and I'd feel a lot better about my run this morning if I at least had some snow to crunch around in. And by the way, that huge pile 'o snow is pretty funny ... if it's not in your street. Wink Great picture. Does it come with a chair lift?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Scout7

I'm sorry, but that IS kinda funny.....
          mikeymike

It's Alaska. What did you think was going to happen? Big grin

Runners run

vicentefrijole

It's Alaska. What did you think was going to happen?
              OH! I was wondering where there's that much snow! Now it makes sense... We're finally getting the cold weather (15F right now) in Chicago, but the snow isn't really sticking around. Frankly, the snow doesn't bother me as much as the complete lack of sunshine for days at a time... and that must be even worse up there!
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Now's the perfect time to start digging a snow house inside the pile... (Make sure entrance is away from the street!) Big grin I used to do that when I was a kid. I kinda miss it...

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

When that melts - I'll be glad that I don't live in the house directly behind it. Wink That's not your house is it? Roll eyes Brrrrrrrrrrrrr - looking pretty perky over there in Alaska! Claire xxx
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                  vicentefrijole

Now's the perfect time to start digging a snow house inside the pile... (Make sure entrance is away from the street!) Big grin I used to do that when I was a kid. I kinda miss it...
                    I don't think they let kids do that anymore... something about kids dying when their tunnels collapsed... seriously! Dead (Sorry, but how often do you get to use that emoticon?)
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Shocked Luckily I escaped... Plus, my piles were never more than about 4 feet high...

Bad Claire!!! I'm standing across from my house Shocked!!! Actually not a problem - we don't get any direct sunlight in the winter, so the snow usually doesn't melt at all until the spring - I figure we have a good 2 months left to go. Plenty of time for the city to get around to our sub-division Roll eyes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Chris UK

Shocked ...my piles were never more than about 4 feet high...
                          You should get some ointment for those Clowning around Wink Big grin

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Wingz

Professional Noob

Roll eyes

wow! Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

It's Alaska. What did you think was going to happen? Big grin
                                Thats all the snow they have gotten so far up there? Man the iditerod is going to be hit or miss!!! Shocked I did notice Aleyeska and Blackcomb-Whistler were the two places getting massive amounts of snow around Christmas. I am very disappointed - I was looking for potential jobs up in Alaska for when (if?) I gradumate and there were none in my field. Alas. I guess I am stuck in the warm lower-48 for another 5 or so years.