Love your bottled water? (Read 1091 times)

ymmv

Heh.  What do you think makes the pumpkin pies at Monkey so tasty?

I suggest you serve both pumpkin pies, and pizza with everything

i sacrificed the gift

Nothing is effective 100%.  Back to the argument earlier, risk management is about doing the best you can with what you have and what you know.

I have nothing against running fresh tap water over a toothbrush.  Water fresh from the tap is great.  It is drinking it out of a dirty glass that is dangerous.

I have never really thought about the cleanliness of toothpaste.  Personally, I don't use it.  Not because it's not clean, but because it doesn't actually do anything.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
      Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
      Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
      L Train

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

risk management is about doing the best you can with what you have and what you know.

It foremost, however, about knowing where the real risk lies.  Clean glasses are not it.

Prince of Fatness

I spread chicken poop on my garden.

Yummy potatoes.

Not at it at all. 

i sacrificed the gift

Guys.  Please stop derailing the thread with internet pictures and lame one-liners.  Keep that stuff in the swamp.

Trent and I are trying to have a serious scientific debate here.

It foremost, however, about knowing where the real risk lies.  Clean glasses are not it.

And I contest, that nothing reusable that touches our mouth is clean unless we have impeccable habits about cleanliness that never fail.  And having the option to use something hermetic sealed and disposable, vs something that is very difficult to keep clean, I will choose the hermetic sealed option.

I keep a water glass by my sink for days at a time.  When I want a drink I use this glass again and again.  I live on the edge.

-------------------------------------
                5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Lazy idiot

Guys.  Please stop derailing the thread with internet pictures and lame one-liners.  Keep that stuff in the swamp.

Trent and I are trying to have a serious scientific debate here.

How many of you are succeeding?  Nobody is debating that reusable drinking glasses/bottles/whathaveyou are not "clean", it seems like we're all saying we don't care.

(my lame one-liners cannot be contained)

Tick tock

i sacrificed the gift

And it is certainly your choice to live on the edge if you do so choose.  I only am here to help you make an informed decision.

However, now that we have taken healthcare as a national initiative and the society as a whole will be more responsible for the health of individuals, I sincerely hope that more people think about this issue and do not go down the reckless path that you have chosen for yourself.

Prince of Fatness

lame one-liners

Mine was not a joke.  I really do spread chicken poop on my garden.  And the plants love it.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

Sometimes when my children are sick we go to public places and play a game called "Lets lick the water fountain".

an amazing likeness

And I contest, that nothing reusable that touches our mouth is clean unless we have impeccable habits about cleanliness that never fail.  And having the option to use something hermetic sealed and disposable, vs something that is very difficult to keep clean, I will choose the hermetic sealed option.

What is your fascination with the arbitrary "clean".  Your body has an amazing ability to deal with the world around you and all the nastiness it contains.

If you think you're "clean" (as in not covered in swarms of bacteria and dirt), you are wrong.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

i sacrificed the gift

What is your fascination with the arbitrary "clean".  Your body has an amazing ability to deal with the world around you and all the nastiness it contains.

If you think you're "clean" (as in not covered in swarms of bacteria and dirt), you are wrong.

I do not have a fascination with anything.  I merely try to do the best I can.

Yes I agree that the body has an amazing ability to combat pathogens.  But does that mean I should go swimming in the sewer just to test it?

I could right now, go buy a raw chicken breast from a company that sources from factory farms, and eat it.  As I understand it, there is about a 65% chance of it being infected with salmonella (this is off the top of my head).   As a healthy adult with a strong immune system, it is likely that I would neutralize the bacteria before I got sick. 

But does that mean that we should eat raw chicken?  There is always an outside chance of getting sick, and if the cost of preventing it is so cheap, why not just do it?

Face the facts, drinking from reusable containers is not worth the risk, when there are other options available for negligible cost.

Ostrich runner

No risk has been established.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

an amazing likeness

I could right now, go buy a raw chicken breast from a company that sources from factory farms, and eat it.  As I understand it, there is about a 65% chance of it being infected with salmonella (this is off the top of my head).   As a healthy adult with a strong immune system, it is likely that I would neutralize the bacteria before I got sick. 

But does that mean that we should eat raw chicken?  There is always an outside chance of getting sick, and if the cost of preventing it is so cheap, why not just do it?

Face the facts, drinking from reusable containers is not worth the risk, when there are other options available for negligible cost.

Cooking your chicken does not create 1 gazillion additional plastic bottles.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.