Missed a week of running (sort of (Read 94 times)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I'm doing Pfitz 18/55 and have been doing really well so far.   Last weekend I was feeling overtrained and under the weather, so I took two days off.  Then, work hit like a tornado and I missed the mid-week long run this week.  I have 8 weeks to go until my marathon, and I have  previously run a 3:56 marathon doing Hal Higdon Novice I.  I've been running for 18 months and adapt really well to high mileage (when work isn't getting in the way- I"m a big firm lawyer...fairly junior...with little input into my schedule).

Pfitz says missing anything less than 10 days and I can jump back in.  Please tell me this is true ?!?!?!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

an amazing likeness

....Pfitz says missing anything less than 10 days and I can jump back in.  Please tell me this is true ?!?!?!

Seems like if the expert who developed your plan says to just jump back in, you oughta trust the advice and just jump back in....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mr MattM

Why trust the man who wrote the program and has a degree in exercise physiology?  I mean, he only competed in 2 summer Olympics and never ran faster than 2:13 in the marathon.  I think it's good that you ask people on the internet.  Clearly, this Pfitz dude should NOT be believed without some random internet validation.

No, you cannot jump back in.  You must start over.  Go back to week 1 / day 1 and start from there.

Alternatively, you can do the next few runs based on where you should be in the training schedule, dialing back pace or distance if you think it necessary while you rebound from your downtime and get back in the groove.

The Pfitz guy is completely untrustworthy!

Cool

be curious; not judgmental

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hahaha.  Thanks guys.  I think I'm just having mid-training cycle anxiety.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Misty

Don't worry, you'll be fine! I did the Pfitz 12/70 plan and was ill in weeks 2 and 4, putting in a paltry 6 and 10 miles those weeks! But I jumped back in and it was fine Smile.

Misty

Bless your heart.