y'all, I need new headphones (Read 2367 times)

ilp

I'm super disappointed with Sennheiser. The quality is just garbage, at least for the money charged. The newest headphones they have that are "Adidas branded" are good at staying in-ear with those "ear wings" or whatever, but the connector quality sucks (if you run with, say, a phone in the pocket--mine broke within a month). The sound quality is just meh, too.

The other problem w/ the new Sennheiser "athletic phones" is that the cord length sucks. The cord is too short. If you clip the headphones to your shirt collar (so they don't bounce around), unless you are a shorter torso person (i.e. most likely a girl), you won't be able to clip, say, a shuffle to the bottom of your shirt--and forget about putting it in your pocket. The cord extender with the built-in volume control is a pain in the ass to use--because of the base cord's short length, there is no good place to clip the volume control piece--and so it ends up bouncing around and becomes annoying/uncomfortable.

Basically, Sennheiser really dropped the ball on the whole "design" part.

So as much as I hate giving money to Bose, I did drop a hundred bucks on the Bose IE2, and the verdict is that the Bose IE2 are the best running headphones right now. The cord length is plenty long that I can clip them to shirt collar and have my iPod attached to either my shirt or plug it into my phone in my pocket. I am 5'11" average torso/leg proportion. The sound quality is definitely better than the Sennheisers, though you don't get that deep deep bass. On the other hand, someone might say that the bass is not over-exaggerated. You can also hear a lot more through these phones, which makes them a safer street headphone. And they stay in your ears.

MrH

Meh ... my Phillips pair are no longer working in one ear.

What do folks recommend for runners who sweat so much they look like an extra in Cool Hand Luke.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I bought the yurbuds and like them. So far, no issues with sweat. Most other buds I've used either fall out when my ears fill with sweat, or they start to sound like they're under water.

HF #8206

Cool Jump Suit

Meh ... my Phillips pair are no longer working in one ear.

What do folks recommend for runners who sweat so much they look like an extra in Cool Hand Luke.

My Sennheiser ones won't play in one ear.....I think due to excessive sweating.  More 'Body Heat' style though than 'Cool Hand Luke'.  But I just bought a pair of Phillips that are supposed to be waterproof.  We shall see.

The kiss goodnight, it comes with me,
          Both wrong and right, our memories. 
          The whispering before we sleep,
          Just one more thing that you can't keep.

Our favorite place we used to go,
          The warm embrace that no one knows.
          The lovin' look that's left your eyes,
          But I know in time we'll find this was no surprise.