Distinguishing of PRs for different kinds of races (Read 769 times)

I think it would be nice if there was a way to display multiple PRs for races of the same distance but are different kinds of races. For example, being able to see different PRs for a distance such a 5k:

PRs

5k-cross country             15:00

5k- track                         14:39

5k- road                          14:45

or races with obstacles:

3000 m                          8:26

3000 m steeplechase      8:59

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I think it is a good idea. But for most of us this is not really needed, as we in general run in one category only - road.

she runs like a girl

I think it would be nice if there was a way to display multiple PRs for races of the same distance but are different kinds of races. For example, being able to see different PRs for a distance such a 5k:

PRs

5k-cross country             15:00

5k- track                         14:39

5k- road                          14:45

or races with obstacles:

3000 m                          8:26

3000 m steeplechase      8:59

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I like it! I also currently only run road races but Im looking into doing XC for my university next year. Since you seem to do both I'll ask you:

How much slower can you expect to do on a pretty flat XC course vs a flat road course - just generally, is it much slower?

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

I look my best blurry!

It is different for every course on a road or cross country.  Conditions also vary.  It could get complicated.  That's why I would use a race report.
          kcam

I agree on the cross-country or hot day or whatever but I sure would like a way to keep track PRs separate from road PRs.

an amazing likeness

Aren't the PRs separate for each activity type?  If so, separating the activities into their own types would give multiple sets of PRs.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

To answer your question Kimmi311, it all depends on the course. However, you can always expect to run slower on grass and path than street (asphalt and concrete) because the surface is softer and absorbs more of your push. Even a track's durometer (hardness) can make a difference.

Milktruck, That's a good idea and I believe that would work but I wouldn't want to do that because I consider all those types of races still under the category of running.

eric :)

This is on my list of things to do for a while.  The PR page needs an update anyway.
                    I'm all for this. Currently, I separate, say, a road marathon PR from a trail marathon PR by entering an incorrect distance for the trial race.  E.g., 26.3 or 26.1, to denote the different terrain, etc.
                    “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

Filly Running Fan

I had mentioned this a while back. I would love to distinguish between road, trail, snowshoe.
                      http://fillyrunner.com
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So this would work for multi-sport events, too?  NICE! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay