Smoking Pot and Running? (Read 568 times)

Not dead. Yet.

I'm going to ramp up to phase three of this discussion with: I love the smell of pot.

My neighbor likes to come over and smoke to get away from his kids.  I stick to the beer.  He had some stuff over the weekend and all he had to do was open the container and it stunk up my house!  Crazy good smell!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

ReadySetToke

you seem like a fairly reasonable and happy individual, what's so hard about life that you have to numb it that much with drugs?  You're an adult, good luck getting a job because you won't pass a drug test.  Life is far too short to not experience it because you're experiencing it in a haze.  And then, you get in a car and you impact the lives of those around you.  I could give a crap if it makes you faster, it negatively impacts your body and impairs you, and so you're impacting others also.  It's cool when you're 15, but by 21 your focus should be on college and your upcoming career.  Trust me, with my age comes wisdom and there is an amazing life out there to be had and much success, you don't want to miss it because you're high.

I lecture out of love, I have stepkids older than you are.  Say No to drugs.

Hello and thank you for your comment : ) I do understand where you are coming from when you asked what is so hard about life that i must numb it that much with drugs. I will say this, I had 2 very close friends who would shoot heroin daily for over a year, my cousin was addicted to crack and cocaine for years and years, i have had many friends completely ruin their lives from xanax addiction. I have wondered the same thing about them, what is so hard in their lives that they must use drugs so much? I mean I am VERY against drugs, I am absolutely horrified by all the prescription drugs being handed out these days :'(   it really upsets me quite a bit. Marijuana and entheogenic drugs are my only exception. I truly believe they can be very, very beneficial if used appropriately. (Alcoholics Anonymous wouldn't be around if it weren't for LSD). Drugs such as heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, prescription amphetamines, opiates and benzodiazepines are the drugs that will most likely ruin peoples lives, and dont get me wrong, I have had friends who were the typical lazy stoner, and are not really doing anything with their lives, but they also are quite irresponsible and lazy, is it because they smoke weed? I dont know. I smoke a lot of weed daily and I have a pretty well paying job and will have my B.S. by the time I am 22. I plan on going to grad school, and I am studying what I love. My hobbies include running, camping, spirituality, and just being in nature. I do not put anyone in danger with my marijuana smoking, and I respect all life forms very much. I really do love to run, but one reason I will continue to run is to try and help change the stereotypical view of pot. "The lazy stoner" is not how all daily pot smokers are, and I want more people to realize this. I am sorry if you disagree with me on these things! At least we have one thing in common and that is our love for running! : )

xor

So, to summarize... you are in college and you smoke weed and eat some mushrooms.  You are not alone.

Enjoy the party.

jgarcia415

...So what do yall think of this? Any comments? Arguments? Questions?

1. Smoke is pretty harsh on the lungs. Try a couple bites off a brownie instead. Especially enjoyable on the long runs. (For the experienced only!)

2. Re: what harold said, after a while I forgot to smoke or otherwise consume on short/mid-week runs.  (lol, stoner forgetting to smoke). If you enjoy running, it won't be a big deal . If it's 3 hours or less, I'm pretty much MJ free these days.

3. And there's nothing better than this stuff for general aches and pains, and it's a must have for the drop bag in ultras (NFI):

Maybe just scratch out or cover the label or something Wink

Kittyface

Tragic hip

Why is "BUTTER" in all caps on your diet list? Maybe we should  be talking about your butter habit.

bleach

Lots of world class athletes have been regular stoners since they were 11 years old so I think you are on the right path.

LMFAO.  Well done.

bleach

This is such an utterly ridiculous post from someone clearly in the insanity of addiction.  Dude, you're an addict.  Until you decide to get sober you are incapable of a relationship with yourself or any other being.  Whether or not pot affects your running is totally irrelevant.  You will either find your way out of this or you will die in your addiction.  Up to you.

some call me Tim

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

RST, I can't imagine I have to tell you to shrug off those who have drunk the DARE kool aid, but seriously consider how sustainable this is. I think as an explorer kind of person you should spend some time digging into the spectrum of experience that is running while not under the influence. I also appreciate entheogens and I think you'd agree our personality type is well suited to this kind of approach. If you choose to continue, more power to you, but be prepared for hypoglycemia. It doesn't happen to everybody, but combining pot and long distance running has the potential to put you suddenly into a bad spot, blood sugar-wise. I don't know if anybody else bothered to listen to that podcast, but the main thing I took from it is that pot acts as a mild bronchiodilator and between that and the inhalation of smoke it's probably a wash, at least in the short run. All things in moderation, be safe, and always do your research Smile

So what do yall think of this? Any comments? Arguments? Questions?

I think your parents deserve a swift kick in the ass for letting you smoke pot at 10 years old.

MTA: I'm engaging with a low-grade troll, so WTF do I know?

Feeling the growl again

I bet that bong looks awfully questionable stuffed into your Race Ready shorts so that you can top off your buzz for the latter part of the marathon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

I think your parents deserve a swift kick in the ass for letting you smoke pot at 10 years old.

Tried to just ignore this thread until it dies a quiet death....  Kick in the ass would be a good start.  Criminal charges for neglect and abuse would be more suitable.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Kittyface

Tragic hip

I bet that bong looks awfully questionable stuffed into your Race Ready shorts so that you can top off your buzz for the latter part of the marathon.

"Is that a bong or are you just happy to see me?"

"Is that a bong or are you just happy to see me?"

II Run II

Some of the best runners on my team run low to mid 16s, and they also smoke pot.  I don't think smoking pot helps you get better, though.

Not dead. Yet.

Some of the best runners on my team run low to mid 16s, and they also smoke pot.  I don't think smoking pot helps you get better, though.

And then there's Michael Phelps.  You don't need to see the picture to know.  You can tell by his goofy smile.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?