Weight gain from injury (Read 532 times)

joescott

I know, but you should've said that is what works for you in your original post. You are 100% right about being in a calorie deficit. That is the biggest thing to worry about, right behind where you are getting those calories. Meal timing and placement is the last thing to worry about, if at all.

Why is "where" you get calories more important than "how many"?  Depends on the goal, I guess, but if weight loss is the goal, then how many is significantly more important than from where.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

bojangles

Why is "where" you get calories more important than "how many"?  Depends on the goal, I guess, but if weight loss is the goal, then how many is significantly more important than from where.

Hahah my bad. I totally worded that wrong. I meant to say-  right behind your calorie intake should be where the calories come from. Thanks for spotting that. I shall go edit that bad boy now.

dotatl

I'm with zoom-zoom.  When I was unable to run in order to heal leg injuries, I finally buckled down and started counting calories to lose that 10 pounds I've talked about losing for over a year.  Not being worried whether I was getting "enough" calories and protein to run was like a weight off my shoulders (pun intended).  My plan as I get back in to running is to train my body (really my mind, though, right?) to run on the lower calories.

For the OP and wanting a flat stomach, though.  Two things must happen for the flat stomach or even the beginnings of the six-pack.  You have to lose the fat between the abdominal skin and the muscles, and you have to develop the muscles.  So it is really simple:  core work to include all the abdominal muscles, and (for most of us) weight loss.  I'm thin (5'7" and 127 pounds) and I have been working out the abs for 2 years.  They have only begun to "show" as the last 5 pounds have come off.  If that is what you want, that is how you do it.  Cheers!