Philly anyone??? (Read 1029 times)

uncontrollable

Curious who will be doing Philly with me?!  What is your goal???

Me

peace

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Who is Phil and how does he get so lucky?

jfa

Done it twice. Love the course and crowd but my fall marathon is in Mass this year.

uncontrollable

OK I guess I have no RAers joining me this year!  Oh well, bummer.  I am going to try to savor my last two weeks of hard workouts because just the thought of the taper gives me stress. The bulk of the homework is almost done.

peace

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Philadelphia Marathon is a far wiser choice than another rinky dink marathon perennially held the same day.

My wife is running the half again this year, and I will be there to spectate with the kids.  I did the full last year, it was a very nice race.  Good luck, enjoy it.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

uncontrollable

Thanks!  My BFF & my Aunt (running her 1st 1/2) will also be there with me.  Should be hard work but I love that city and I am looking forward to it!

peace

I am planning to race the half in 90 minutes or faster.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

uncontrollable

Excellent!  I'm sure you will conquer.  Show that town who's boss.

peace

I'm in!  Looking for sub 3:17.Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am planning to race the half in 90 minutes

How did that work out?  Here we are some 8 hours after your post, and no report yet.

In. Time TBD/VIF

CMJHawk86

I'm in. Hoping to hit a 3:20.

uncontrollable

nice goals - i need to crush my 3:44 from my last trip out here ... feeling ready

peace

TRIing to beat the heat!

I'll be there as well... from South FL!  Looking forward to the cold.

This is my first marathon.  I've been doing triathlon for the past couple of years, but decided to focus more on my running right now.  This will be my first marathon and I'm super excited about it taking place in Philly.  I was born in the city... on November 20th (which happens to be marathon day)! Big grin  I ran the attached half marathon in 2009 and had a wonderful experience.  LOVED the crowd!

My goal is somewhere around 4 hours, plus or minus... and of course, I'm hoping that it's slightly on the minus side.  It's going to be  great day no matter what, though!

Good luck everyone!

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL