Logging multiple activities per day (Read 656 times)

Francois Nel

Hi,

I have lately started with multiple running sessions per day. I normally use the "Activity Calendar" on the Summary page to select the day on which I want to enter my activities. I normally log my data the day after the workout (when I'm at work); and thus do not use the "New Run Entry", because it auto selects the current day and I always forget to change the date to the previous day.

If you select a day on the "Activity Calendar", that has no activity entered yet, it opens the new run entry screen with the date selected on the "Activity Calendar". This works great for me, because I do not have to remember to change the date (given that I selected the correct date on the "Activity Calendar" in the first place, but which is normally the case). However, if you select the same date (if there is already an entry saved for that day) you are taken to a page that either shows you a single entry summary page or a page with multiple entries for that day. This is great (and what I expect), but the problem is that there is no "New workout" button on these pages. So here is my suggestion(s):

1) Add a "New workout" button on these work out summary pages of a particular day. The default date used on the "Edit workout entry" should then be the date of which you viewed the workout summary.

2) Allow some per user option (maybe under "My Log Preferences" page) to blank the "Date" field if you select "New Run Entry" (obviously the date must be a required field and that will force me to enter the correct day before saving the entry).

Francois Nel

eric :)

Francois,

The second suggestion is simple enough to add, but it's not that convenient for you because you'll always have to enter the date.  I would like to use some other alternative, such as modifying the activity calendar, however, I don't fit everything into the tiny little box.  I'll have to think about this one.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

,,,if you select the same date (if there is already an entry saved for that day) you are taken to a page that either shows you a single entry summary page or a page with multiple entries for that day. This is great (and what I expect), but the problem is that there is no "New workout" button on these pages.

Confused.  When I select a date that already contains one or more entries, I still get the new workout entry form, set to that date.

Confused.  When I select a date that already contains one or more entries, I still get the new workout entry form, set to that date.

My guess is you are doing this from the Calendar page, not the Activity Calendar widget on your summary page. (This is a pretty solid guess on my part since you don't have an Activity Calendar widget on your summary page.)

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

so, another option for our find french friend would be to use the "calendar" view, click on the box, make the entry.

right?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Right.

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

i did not even know you could click on those little numbers and get a new workout entry form. 

learn something new every day!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My guess is you are doing this from the Calendar page, not the Activity Calendar widget on your summary page. (This is a pretty solid guess on my part since you don't have an Activity Calendar widget on your summary page.)

Less confused now.

The downside of doing that is you lose the default data from your last run (like weight, equipment, and route). If that's important to you.

Runners run

Francois Nel

so, another option for our find french friend would be to use the "calendar" view, click on the box, make the entry.

right?

The Calendar view is not the landing page, the summary page is (which actually makes the most sense, to me anyway). If we could put a smaller version of the Calendar view on the summary page it may be a good solution.

P.S. I'm actually not French (although my name and surname suggests it). The joys of being South African... Big grin

Francois Nel

The downside of doing that is you lose the default data from your last run (like weight, equipment, and route). If that's important to you.

The default data from previous posts actually annoys me a bit, because about 99% of the time I have to clear it or change it (especially the route information). And sometimes I forget (if in a hurry) to change it and then it is not the correct data. Let me rather miss something by leaving it blank, than having incorrect "default" data.

The default data from previous posts actually annoys me a bit, because about 99% of the time I have to clear it or change it (especially the route information). And sometimes I forget (if in a hurry) to change it and then it is not the correct data. Let me rather miss something by leaving it blank, than having incorrect "default" data.

Mostly I feel the same way. Usually the only piece of default data I want carried forward from my last run is weight because I weigh myself infrequently but I like having a weight value for each run. I could easily live without it, though.

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

The Calendar view is not the landing page, the summary page is (which actually makes the most sense, to me anyway). If we could put a smaller version of the Calendar view on the summary page it may be a good solution.

P.S. I'm actually not French (although my name and surname suggests it). The joys of being South African... Big grin

the calendar is just one click away, on the left-side menu. one click to get to an easier entry system instead of several clicks to use the one that's on the summary page seems a fair trade-off.

If you have the calender page open and make a "favorites" page out of it for your favorites bar or app in IE, you will open up on your calender every time you clcik that "favorite".

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Francois Nel

If you have the calender page open and make a "favorites" page out of it for your favorites bar or app in IE, you will open up on your calender every time you clcik that "favorite".

Guess this is not a bad idea. Although I open the RunningAHEAD website as a Google Chrome app (not a favourite), but (just the same) I need to then change the landing page of the Google Chrome App... I'll give it a try...