running and having to take a dump (Read 3077 times)

A sock works in a pinch. Desperate times call for desperate measures...
    You crap in your sock? Do you take it with you? Big grin
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A sock works in a pinch. Desperate times call for desperate measures...
      You crap in your sock? Do you take it with you? Big grin
      Yep. That is why you "pinch" the end.
        My buddy used his sock right before he had to take a pt test...which is why we do this at 5 in the morning when no one is around ha ha...
          Sock, that would have been a good idea. I found a smooth looking rock. Tongue

Ryan

Sock, that would have been a good idea. I found a smooth looking rock. Tongue
            So if Charlie Brown was a runner, he'd be happy to get a rock?

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

bbanks23

I never have this problem because I drop my deuces before I run each and every time. Remedy=one cup of coffee, a deuce, and your golden.
                I just want to chime in with my agreement about BURYING! I've just started backpacking a little bit and it's always heavily emphasized that you get at least a hundred feet away from the trail, and that you definitely bury your business. Not to mention that you don't go near running water, but that's not really relevant in urban environments. Anyways, if burying is important out in the wilderness I'd think it's even more important closer to civilization.
                Or if you decide to bring along tp or whatever, PLEASE pack it out! Personally, I don't bring tp along -- I just use leaves or whatever is available (damp leaves are surprisingly refreshing!!). As a preventive measure before a long run, I'll pop a couple of pepto-bismal tablets. That seems to keep the urge at bay.

The Greatest of All Time

This old thread....well reminds me of something I saw a few weeks back. At the Chicago Marathon on October 12 they had no porta potties for at least the first two seeded corrals. I had to pee like every 10 minutes and so did everyone else. So we had to leave the corral area and stand at one of a few very small, thin trees in a small dirt area next to the corral to let it go. Eventually even some of the women were out there squatting without fear. When you gotta go, you gotta go. The last time I walked out of the corral I saw some guy taking a dump on a piece of concrete that had some electric utility box sitting on it. When I came back I noticed a nice pile of TP sitting on a steaming pile of shit. Nice. I feel sorry for whomever had to clean that up.
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    ew.
                      Wow. That Chicago story makes all of mine tame. Shy Running in LA, I had to use the facilities on the beach which were kind of gnarly but positively plush by "slab of concrete" standards. A lot of times, I can just run through it and my intestines figure out they aren't going to get any relief until the run is done so they just HTFU. Wink TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

xhristopher

What is the best OBMPP for my next marathon?

My buddy used his sock right before he had to take a pt test...which is why we do this at 5 in the morning when no one is around ha ha...

Lol.   Reminds me of a Navy PT test I took 2 years ago... Only 2 folks were ahead of me, and one of them suddenly made a 90 degree left turn and made a B-line off the paved trail and into the woods.  I said "where are you going?, you all right?"  No response and he disappeared into the woods. (Not quite dark, but very low morning light)

After I finished, he came through the line a couple minutes behind me.   They announced his time as he came across the line and they said "good time"!    His reply was "Hell yeah, especially since I had to stop to take a shit during the run!"  --- They laughed, but at first they thought he was joking.

:-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

What is the best OBMPP for my next marathon?

You wouldn't have been very high on my "who jump-started the OBMPP thread" suspects list.  Has it really been FIVE years?  Wow, does time fly.  To answer your question, OBMPP is the best, because by definition it is optimal.  The challenge is, which pace is your OBMPP?  That's the stress inducing question du jour.

Choose wisely.

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

You wouldn't have been very high on my "who jump-started the OBMPP thread" suspects list.  Has it really been FIVE years?  Wow, does time fly.  To answer your question, OBMPP is the best, because by definition it is optimal.  The challenge is, which pace is your OBMPP?  That's the stress inducing question du jour.

Choose wisely.

Reading old threads is good fun. I've only been here 4 years so there's still lots to catch up on.

Regarding OBMPP, I ran 16 miles of the Boston marathon seeking that fine line this spring. I wish I had found the thread earlier!

The all time great taking a dump thread: http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum11/HTML/005260.shtml

From back when they had a good forum...