Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Read 656 times)

Anyone else ever feel like this? I swear, I'm one extreme or another.. Eating and drinking , or running and working out.. It would be nice to find a happy medium.. I feel myself slowly slipping to the dark side. Dr. Jekyll is trying to get me.

- Anya

invisible

If you want to be psychologically steadfast, experiencing extremes (there is no escaping tears and laughter) from an abiding calm, then sit quietly and observe the space that you call "my mind".
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.
      JakeKnight

then sit quietly and observe the space that you call "my mind".
        Or you could just have a beer. But wear some tie-dye so you'll be mellow. And I think its Mr. Hyde that's after you. Jekyll was the good guy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

That's weird. I always seem to get that famous duo mixed up! But, maybe it really is Dr.Jekyll after me. Trying to make me good? Or what would be weirder , Sherlock Holmes.( I do believe they were from the same era , no?) If it turns out to be Holmes, I hope he's not sniffing that stuff. What was it? Oh yea, cocaine. hmmm.. Either way, my daily struggle of late, is trying to beat off the " oh, f*ck it " attitude I seem to get once I fall off the wagon, food wise. Once I do, I add the "might as well have a beer" ... Run? who needs that, etc, etc... I guess I need my head examined. Time to call Freud !

- Anya

Another Passion

I'm hot and cold with this stuff too Anya, as I'm sure others are as well. Don't sweat it, just try and remain active during the binges or poor diet episodes. If you can at least keep up that end of it, you're doing ok. Your own profile says, "run = beer" so, hang on to your own mantra. Wink Heck, I just fueled my running machine of a body up this past Friday evening with Arby's curly fries and a jamocha shake for my long run on Saturday. GAH! Roll eyes I do try to make that the exception though. Hang in there! Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

JakeKnight

Just keep running. Your training looks great and very consistent. If necessary, eliminate some of the rest days. Running every day, if you're careful, can really help. You're on your own with your diet, but I find that its hard to be TOO bad when I'm running every day. And with enough miles, I either don't really want to eat badly, or it just doesn't much matter. I've had like 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies this week ... but the 60 miles I ran led to dropping a couple pounds anyway. Not that I'm recommending three boxes of cookies. But they're thin mints. Who can blame me? Just run. A lot. It's only when I stop running that I get in trouble.

JakeKnight

I'm hot and cold with this stuff too Anya, as I'm sure others are as well. Don't sweat it, just try and remain active during the binges or poor diet episodes. If you can at least keep up that end of it, you're doing ok. Your own profile says, "run = beer" so, hang on to your own mantra. Wink
                Yeah. What he said.

invisible

That's weird. I always seem to get that famous duo mixed up! But, maybe it really is Dr.Jekyll after me. Trying to make me good? Or what would be weirder , Sherlock Holmes.( I do believe they were from the same era , no?) If it turns out to be Holmes, I hope he's not sniffing that stuff. What was it? Oh yea, cocaine. hmmm.. Either way, my daily struggle of late, is trying to beat off the " oh, f*ck it " attitude I seem to get once I fall off the wagon, food wise. Once I do, I add the "might as well have a beer" ... Run? who needs that, etc, etc... I guess I need my head examined. Time to call Freud !
                  Examine your own head! Smile If there's no pedestal, there's no falling off the pedestal.
                  90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

Anyone else ever feel like this? I swear, I'm one extreme or another.. Eating and drinking , or running and working out.. It would be nice to find a happy medium.. I feel myself slowly slipping to the dark side. Dr. Jekyll is trying to get me.
                    Yep, I just ate more than half a box of Wheat Thins. Dead Why did I do that?? Kind of negates my 7-mile run yesterday. Oh, well, I'll do better tomorrow...