Just went over 77,000 miles run. Log began 4/22/76. (Read 322 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What an inspiration you are!  I started a bit late to have any chance of matching you.  I'll have to see how my running is going when I'm 100. Smile

Black-Toe-Nailed

Awesome achievement
      You are a legend mate!

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
      then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
      I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

savage16

Keep on runnin' man!

GO PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome achievement
          You are a legend mate!

I have been telling my wife for many, many years that I am a legend. Her comment is "you are a legend in your own mind."

Thanks for the nice replies. Nick

Papillon1966

Excellent! I too, was once a smoker. I've now been a non-smoker for more years than I smoked. Way to go!

Lisa Boyles

Don't call me Buttercup!

Can I be you when I grow up?  So awesome.  Thanks for sharing!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Docket_Rocket

That is great.  Congratulations!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats on your sustained awesomeness!

Running my way to being a little less fat.

No more marathons

Nick, did you stop smoking and then start running, or did you start running and then stop smoking.

I was a smoker like you (two to three packs a day) back in the late 70's.  I was making fun of a friend of mine about running (how boring I said - any one can do that - it's not a skill sport like tennis or golf) and he challenged me to compete in a 5K that he was training for.  I ran a mile or so a couple of times a week for a few weeks before the race.  Ran the 5K (something like 21:30) and was hooked.  Stopped smoking so I could run better.

Unlike you, I did not continue for too long - about 6 years.  Then I joined the club of which you speak.  Then at age 55 I started back.  See how long I last this time.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!