Garmin Training Center lost workouts (Read 1375 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just downloaded a run from my 405 to the GTC this morning. Then, next time I started the program, my last three runs were gone. Previous ones--still there. And those missing runs are in the Garmin Connect web site. Anyone else have workouts disappear from GTC? I sure hope Eric is able to get RA working with the 405. Garmin software sucks!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Former runner

I've noticed a few missing runs in my GTC. If you still have them on the watch you can use the force download on the watch to have them re-sync to GTC.

Ross

Has happened to me a few times with my 305 and TC. True... the garmin software totally blows. I use Motion Based too..... so most of my run are there too..... Garmin TC and MB are ok... but RA is my log of choice.

Imminent Catastrophe

I had the thing set to "delete after downloading". I've fixed it. Agreed--RA has never given me any problems. MTA: Garmin software totally blows--and that's with Windows. Mac software is even worse, if that's possible.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

ymmv

I've had that happen a couple of times with my 405 and GTC. Setting the watch to Force Send replaces the lost workouts, but is very time consuming. I use GTC with WinXP using Parallels on an IMac. I was wondering if it was caused by my having left GTC running while I was away. Now, I always shut down GTC and the Windows VM when I am not using it. I have started doing a full backup of the GTC data after every run. GTC is awful, but not as bad as their online software.
            MikeB-BoR

That happens to me quite often so now I back mine up after each download and then start GTC up first and restore the archive and THEN I connect the watch and upload the new data. PITA. Mike

Goals :
              •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for the answers. I'm looking into Ascent but that has its own issues with importing on a Mac.

Not sure about compatibility with the Garmin 405 (I am pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem), but I suggest you look into SportTracks ( http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/ ). I use it with my Garmin 305 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheap, cheap, cheap..........and AWESOME functionality. Sorry for you Mac users.........I don't think they have a Mac version. Isn't Mac supposed to be able to run Windows software, though?

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.