Coolest Race In Michigan (CRIM) (Read 817 times)

Alright Mr Q! I'd recommend picking up your packet on Thursday or Friday if possible. If you get a very early start on Saturday, you'll be ok. They moved the expo this year to the commerce center. This will make parking easier for the packet pick up but it's quite a ways away (2-3 miles ? south of the start). On Saturday morning from Brighton, take 23 North to I69 east, exit on Saginaw St, turn south (right). The expo is at the corner of Saginaw and Hemphill. After you register, drive back north on Saginaw. As soon as you get across I69, park in the first lot you can find. You will have to walk a few blocks to the start - but it'll be easy to get out when it's time to leave. Which race are you planning to do?

Think Whirled Peas

I will be in the 10 mile race w/a friend from work. THANK YOU so much for all the info, I really appreciate it!!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

The Crim was pretty tough today. Rained just before the start and it was about 70 F. I saw one of the Kenyan runners had dropped out and was walking back when I hit mile 3. With the 100% humidity, I might as well have been swimming. I don't expect there were many PRs today. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the event and am glad to have kept my consecutive year streak going. How did you do Mr Q?

Think Whirled Peas

I wimped out. No My friend couldn't make it, he's got a sick newborn and was coming in from Holt. So I was all set to go it alone and didn't do it. I was pretty bummed about it, but my wife told me to just make sure I book it early next year and get a hotel room so that the whole family can enjoy the weekend! That's the plan then! I did get a 10 miler in on Saturday, and it was painful w/all the humidity. I can't imagine racing in that soup. Sorry Ken. I'll get it next year! Modified to add: and the Tig's are up on the Yanks 4-0 in the 3rd, on Mussina...and JV looks GOOD tonight. correction, as I was typing the sentence above...Rayburn singles to drive in another run; 5-0 Los Tigres... Big grin

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Next year it is then. Glad you got your run in anyway. go tigs